cutting out carbs

I stopped eating bread but I still weigh the same after 10 days -why?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You're not in a calorie deficit?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I eat bread and lost my weight! Why? deficit!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Because weight loss is about creating a calorie deficit, it doesn't automatically happen when you eliminate certain foods.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    You're not in a calorie deficit?

This^

Let's say your slice of bread is 70 calories, and you normally have 2 slices a day. That's 140 * 10 = 1400 calories.

1400/3500 = .40 pounds per 10 days. BUT, did you eat something else in place of that bread? Automatic eliminations don't work.

I choose to eat bread, but I log it along with everything else. That way I know what place bread has in my diet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Because carbs or no carbs doesn't have anything to do with weight management...for many people cutting back on carbs can result in a deficit...but it's not an auto default...and a calorie deficit is ultimately what is necessary to lose weight.

If you just cut out some bread, that's not really much and could easily be made up for somewhere else. There's also a lot of other things besides bread that are carbs.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edtoy77 wrote: »
    I stopped eating bread but I still weigh the same after 10 days -why?

Sounds like you are likely not eating in a calorie deficit, or are eating in one too small to notice a change in 10 days (other possibilities include water retention, constipation, etc.)

How much bread were you eating? And have you tracked the rest of your food closely enough to know if you're eating more of it than you were prior to 10 days ago?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Ten days is not enough to show results sometimes.
    Even when cutting out bread, calories count.
    Did you add or increase some foods?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Like everyone said, must not have led to a calorie deficit.

Also, not eating bread is not the same thing as cutting out carbs (well, unless you already had a quite limited diet). Hoping that's a statement of the obvious.