Doing YAYOG?

Options
bdgfn
bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
I am getting ready to start the You Are Your Own Gym (YAYOG) program and am wondering if there are any others here who are doing YAYOG or are wanting to? I saw that there are three groups dedicated to YAYOG however two of them have gone for over two years without any activity and the other has not had any activity for over one year.

Replies

• Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Body By You ( women's YAYOG) and hope to start next week. Probably move to the app after a few months. I also checked out the groups and saw no activity. Maybe we need to start a new one.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    which part of me is the barbell
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I seem to be able to get fit doing a routine of body work that I have learned and put together over the years.
    It consists of floor calesthenics, including some that were designed for me by a physiotherapist about 30 years ago after I was involved in a car accident. It feels great doing them, they get my back alligned and I have always done them, sometimes more, sometimes less. Its surprising how tired one can become just raising their own leg or arm at a certain angle! Not to mention how heavy the torso is for the arms or legs to support for extended amounts of time.
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    @Gamliela - That is so true. I have been working out at the gym here on base and decided to try a YAYOG workout I saw on YouTube. Damn, I was so sore for three days afterwards (probably the sumo squats), and the mountain climbers kicked my butt!
  • Ejm189x
    Ejm189x Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started the app version of yayog this week, just done day 3. Hope i will see results from this as i cant get to a gym :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I've used YAYOG and MrsStealthHealth has used BBY. I no longer follow the YAYOG program (I work out at the gym these days) but I dip into the book frequently - I think it is one of my favourite fitness books and the work outs are kick-*kitten* (sissy squats and tricep pushes from a table are both very hard and I STILL can't do a proper pistol squat!!)

• troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes, in fact it was something I learned of from this forum about a year back. The book was first, I liked his philosophy in general so I paid the 3 bucks or whatever it was for the app which I procrastinated using until I injured myself and had to take a break from the intensive cardio I was doing.
    The guided programs have four categories, I started with the Master and am now in week 8 of 10. Gains in muscle tone are obvious and encouraging. Waist line has no change (still at 32) despite stepping back on cardio with calorie intake remaining the same.
    The biggest improvement is now I can do full pistol squats, no help or guidance and one armed push ups without any cheating, legs shoulder width.
    Can't wait to start the chief program.