BREAKFAST

Options
13»

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    1. Place eggs in cold water that just covers them 2. heat to just boiling 3. Remove from heat cover and let sit for up to 12min 4. Drain and rinse with cold tap water then refrigerate.
    They can stay in refrigerator up to 1 week.
    Do that one evening and you have a breakfast that is hearty and easy.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The reason it comes off quickly at the start is not because you're losing more fat but because you are losing water weight and the weight of food in your digestive tract

It is very common for weight to slow down after an initial couple of week burst of 5-10lbs (apart from morbidly obese where higher weight losses can be expected)

You should take pleasure in the fact that there is a higher percentage of body fat lost as it settles down...some weeks you may even lose nothing on the scale that doesn't mean you still aren't trending downwards

Weight loss is not linear, fat loss is not fast

If you aim to do it fast you have higher chances of 1) crashing and burning 2) getting fatigued and moody 3) losing more muscle than you need to

Slow it down

Make it the last time you ever have to lose weight
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @wishingsize8back
    I recommend you read MFP Most Helpful Post at the Getting started message board.
    Here is a link how to use MFP
    http://fit101.org/the-step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal/
    You have received very good advice from other posters
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • wishingsize8back
    wishingsize8back Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    oh my gosh you are all so amazing and im so lazy and food uneducated with my pot of instant porridge:-( i will deffo try the microwave eggs i love eggs so much and they do fill me up. im on 900 calories a day and its a struggle with hunger :'(

How did you come up with 900? Did you fill in the MFP profile with your Weight, Height, Goal, and Activity Level? The system calculates your calorie target, and never gives a figure lower than 1200 calories per day. You'll definitely be hungry, and your body will be missing important nutrition.

no i just thought this would be a good way to quick weight loss. i am 5 ft 4 (and a half) and now 10 stone 7 i was 11 stone 2 weeks ago when i started this

Okay my wife is British so I know that's equivalent to 154 lbs down to 147 lbs for the rest of us :) That's 7 lbs in two weeks, which is a bit faster than the normal recommended rate. 1 lb per week is enough.

According to your height of 5' 4" your ideal healthy weight is 130 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 116 and 145 pounds. So you could take it a bit slower from here on, and allow yourself a bit more nutrition. Are you also exercising? Calories burned, allow you a bit more calories to eat, so long as there's still a deficit at the end of the day.

imnot exercising yet i donthave the energy as im always so light headed and hungry and feel tired. i need to change this up i think. thanks for all your info and advice :-)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh you are all so amazing and im so lazy and food uneducated with my pot of instant porridge:-( i will deffo try the microwave eggs i love eggs so much and they do fill me up. im on 900 calories a day and its a struggle with hunger :'(

How did you come up with 900? Did you fill in the MFP profile with your Weight, Height, Goal, and Activity Level? The system calculates your calorie target, and never gives a figure lower than 1200 calories per day. You'll definitely be hungry, and your body will be missing important nutrition.

no i just thought this would be a good way to quick weight loss. i am 5 ft 4 (and a half) and now 10 stone 7 i was 11 stone 2 weeks ago when i started this

Okay my wife is British so I know that's equivalent to 154 lbs down to 147 lbs for the rest of us :) That's 7 lbs in two weeks, which is a bit faster than the normal recommended rate. 1 lb per week is enough.

According to your height of 5' 4" your ideal healthy weight is 130 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 116 and 145 pounds. So you could take it a bit slower from here on, and allow yourself a bit more nutrition. Are you also exercising? Calories burned, allow you a bit more calories to eat, so long as there's still a deficit at the end of the day.

imnot exercising yet i donthave the energy as im always so light headed and hungry and feel tired. i need to change this up i think. thanks for all your info and advice :-)

That'll happen when you aren't adequately fueling your body

Good on you for listening

(Oat so simple with apple and blackberry are yum by the way
  • wishingsize8back
    wishingsize8back Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

@wishingsize8back - what's your goal weight?

You are entirely likely losing weight too quickly, which often leads to burnout or binges.

goal weight 9 stone! 8 would be fab though!!
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ground - Cinnamon, 0.5 tsp
    Generic - Seeds, Pumpkin, 10g
    Sunflower Seeds 10g
    Seedless Raisins, 5g
    Milled Organic Flaxseed, 5g
    Quaker - Wholegrain Rolled Porridge Oats, 25 g
    Kellogg's - All Bran (Uk), 10 g
    Skim Milk, 220.0 ml

Total Cals: 353

My daily breakfast. All prepped the night before and nuked in the morning for 4 minutes