Hair magically turns curly at age 40?

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I have a friend who had cancer. she had naturally blonde hair. the new hair grew in dark and curly and she was one who never dyed her hair or did anything to it chemically. so yeah I think when your body goes through changes your hair does too.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My hair was always pretty straight through elementary school (although would have a cute curl while in pig tails) but in middle school it was becoming rougher and harder to manage and looked frumpy and bumpy while long. (Being a freckled redhead didn't help). Well, I got a spiral perm, wore it that way for a few years, then noticed while it was growing out that my hair was still curling because I was scrunching in gel and letting it air dry. Yay! Magical curly hair! Now I am like Frieda from Charlie Brown, touting my "naturally curly hair," ha ha!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I am starting to go gray. I would say I have at most 1% gray hair if that, but it is coming in fast. I dye it every month. At age 48 this is pretty normal lol. My hair now looks like the kind of wavy/spiraly perm I TRIED to get in the nineties but they screwed up and gave me poodle frizz. I actually told them loose waves, showing them a photo, and they completely ignored my request each time.... wtf people! Well at least now I finally have what I wanted without having to pay for it and get damaged. I use leave in conditioner and then a small amount of gel to shape the waves by scrunching without having major frizz. In my photo here my hair is styled in very loose waves, not its natural shape so that's not representative.... I may have to take another pic when I'm not feeling lazy. XD
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    My daughter had tiny ringlets at the ends of her hair when she was about 2. It went silky straight after her first haircut then when she started going through puberty it started getting frizzy with weird kinky waves in random places. If she doesn't flat iron it or curl it it resembles a lions mane. Ha.
    Our bodies do weird stuff :D
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I always wondered what causes an uneven wave pattern. When the waves don't mesh together it creates frizz. I have that to some extent. I have to conquer it by shaping the waves using my hands, with damp hair and a little gel worked in.