Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat and working on it

Heeeelp need to lose 20 by December

Replies

• Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Aint nothin to it but to do it! Add me if you need some support.
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Quite achievable. Keep us posted. If you have questions, post them. People have lots of food ideas and coping techniques to help us through the transition from eating anything to watching what we eat.

Good luck!
  • Hi there. I'm new here, I've been logged in less than a week. Any teens on here? I would like some advice on how to deal with a parent who is sabotaging the weight loss, straight up forcing food on you even when you're not hungry.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Easy. Use the myfitnesspal recommendation for losing 2 lb per week, and don't cheat.
  • LiveStellar
    LiveStellar Posts: 9 Member
    Hi there. I'm new here, I've been logged in less than a week. Any teens on here? I would like some advice on how to deal with a parent who is sabotaging the weight loss, straight up forcing food on you even when you're not hungry.

My dad would do that to me too. He would make us eat every bite on our plate. A few times he even stood by the table with a belt in his hand until we ate every last bite. It is definitely part of the reason I gained weight as a kid and the attitude of needing to eat everything on my plate still affected me until about maybe 5-7 years ago (and I am 41 years old now). I now know it is ok to leave food if I am not hungry and am better about only taking as much as I can eat so that I don't waste too much. But that is a tough one. How to handle it depends on so many personal variables. You just have to make them understand how you feel and maybe tell them what concerns you have for your future and health if you keep eating the way you do. It can be hard, I know that never would have worked with my dad. It is hard as kid or teen under the care and guidance of others, many often don't have a choice but whether they understand and sympathize with you or not just try to take every opportunity you have where you do have control and eat in a way that works for you and is healthier for you. Good luck, I hope you find a way to get them to understand but if not, don't give up. Just do what you can when you have control over it.
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    That goal is totally obtainable!!