I need to gain weight asap

Options
almightysndrome
almightysndrome Posts: 1 Member
Okay so I started a low calorie diet with 1200 calories but then i got really obsessed with my weight and started eating less than 1000 and i started exercising more, i know it's not healthy but at that time i didn't care because i thought i was still healthy but now i think i lost my period and I'm really worried, i started eating more but i don't know what else to do, i need to gain weight, I'm scared, i read that the loss of your period can also be caused because of stress and i just started university and of course I've been stressed so I'm hoping it's because of that but still i don't want to have health problems so i want to gain my weight back (i lost 8 kilos) do you think if i gain weight my period will come back? I don't know what to do I'm confused and scared so...

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You might want to start with a visit to the doctor for some blood work and a general health check. They'll help rule out serious medical issues. Cut back on exercise and increase your calories to maintenance before jumping into a surplus.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Take usmcmp's advice.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Loss of your period can be due to minimal body fat.. definitely check with your doctor but if that is the case then with an increase of body fat it should come back
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I agree with usmcmp. Depending on how long your undereating lasted you could have a small chance of developing refeeding syndrome if you increase your calories too quickly
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I agree with usmcmp. Depending on how long your undereating lasted you could have a small chance of developing refeeding syndrome if you increase your calories too quickly

What's refeeding syndrome?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor and seek help from both medical and psychological professionals.