Frustrated...i wanna quit!

Options
So I'm doing 1200 to 1300 calories a day.
Typical day:
Breakfast-2egg whites 1 while egg with 1 cup spinach and 1 oz cheddar cheese
Lunch- 1 cup cottage cheese/1tbs of holy crap Dragon blend cearal.
Snacks - 2 tbs hummus veggies
Dinner - 3/4 oz chicken breast
3 cup spinach goat cheese. Roasted sliced almond cranberry.

First 13 days I lost 11.5 pounds.
I've been doing for 23 days after the first 13 I've lost nothing!!!!
I walk about 1/2 km ever other day but do to back problems...that's about it.

Not seeing results is very discouraging.....what am I doing wrong??

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You have done really well so far!! Keep going!!
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You've done great so far, don't stop! I've been on MFP since the beginning of August, and I've only lost 6 lbs. But that's ok, I know it will come off. Just stick with it and you will start to lose again. Just don't give up so soon.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I will echo that you are doing fine. Typically, the first couple of weeks weeks is a large loss due to water weight. Increases in water weight due to hormones can mask fat loss. Just keep doing what you are doing.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Get a digital scale. Don't measure solids by volume as this is inaccurate.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't eat in a way that you can do for just 23 days. Your diet sounds downright boring and restrictive, I would quit too, if I didn't see immidiate and dramatic results. And please don't expect immidiate and dramatic results. Weight loss is a slow process that takes time, patience, consistency, kindness and firmness. Set an appropriate goal, tell MFP that you want to lose 1% of your total body weight per week. MFP will then give you a good calorie goal to aim for. Be sure to hit it every day, by weighing everything and logging correctly. Eat what you like, adjust so that you feel satisfied, energetic and happy, and trust the process. You will lose weight doing this, if you have weight to lose.
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    2) Make sure your calorie goal is appropriate. Don't skip that step! Nothing sets someone up for failure like a goal that is too aggressive. A goal of 2 lb/week is generally recommended only for those with >70lb to lose. Otherwise it's too aggressive. Many success stories on MFP of people losing much more weight than 70 lb at a much slower rate. Setting an appropriate goal, slow and steady, is a formula for success.

Please don't quit. Just reframe your goals!

Cannot agree with this more. Also, a digital scale is key. I was only using measuring cups when I first tried this & thought I was accurate. And also used equivalents (e.g., 1 apple). Nope, I was waaay off in my calorie counts. Buy a scale & weigh everything.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    OP you are not quitting are you? I hope not, there is some useful advice here... :)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    schmidt72 wrote: »
    So I'm doing 1200 to 1300 calories a day.
    Typical day:
    Breakfast-2egg whites 1 while egg with 1 cup spinach and 1 oz cheddar cheese
    Lunch- 1 cup cottage cheese/1tbs of holy crap Dragon blend cearal.
    Snacks - 2 tbs hummus veggies
    Dinner - 3/4 oz chicken breast
    3 cup spinach goat cheese. Roasted sliced almond cranberry.

First 13 days I lost 11.5 pounds.
    I've been doing for 23 days after the first 13 I've lost nothing!!!!
    I walk about 1/2 km ever other day but do to back problems...that's about it.

Not seeing results is very discouraging.....what am I doing wrong??

11 pounds in 23 days is excellent. Your initial first week loss included a woosh down in water weight. But it is amazing that you have kept it off! It is really common to stall after a woosh. You will likely see only a pound or so come off a week on average now, which is still great! You'll start losing again. Keep going!

ETA: you mean 3-4 oz chicken breast NOT 3/4 of one ounce, right?
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose?
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    11lb in 23 days, you do know that's about 3.5lb/week don't you? Why don't you use a site like trendweight to record your weight, it gives an average over 20 days and as long as the graph is trending down then you're doing good.

Your diet also seems very restrictive, I eat 2000-2500 calories and am losing at around 1-2lb/week. Yes I'm very active, but I wasn't when I started out. I have a herediatory (?sp) joint condition (EDS type 3/hypermobility) that was exacerbated by my weight and could barely cross the room without crutches. By pushing myself to be a tiny bit more active each day and listening to my physio, I've steadily got to the point where I think nothing of taking 25000 steps in a day. Remember the more weight you lose the less stress there will be on you back, plus with many pain conditions, movement itself will ease the pain to a certain extent. I know that when I'm immobile my pain levels soar.
  • schmidt72
    schmidt72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chilli7777 wrote: »

55 pounds
  • wally2wiki
    wally2wiki Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You've made great progress, I lost 8lbs in week one-then after that nothing!!!

Keep going and don't give up. I think you should incorporate weight training and more cardio into your routine; something like 5 days a week for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Dieting alone will eventually lead to stalling as the body will adapt in starvation mode.

Weight training boost your metabolism

If you already lost 11lbs , do you suddenly think that your weight loss randomly stalled because you weren't measuring properly?

Look up N.E.A.T(non-exercise activity thermogenesis)

https://breakingmuscle.com/health-medicine/its-not-your-metabolism-its-your-neat-thats-stopping-your-fat-loss
  • schmidt72
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »
    23 days and you want to quit?! Try something sustainable then, 1200 calories is not sustainable. This is a marathon not a sprint. You can't expect to reach your goals in a month, it takes time.

Back problems are NOT an excuse to do no exercise, get a PT/physio and work on some things that you CAN do. I don't get how people can feel ok doing no exercise, I mean you don't have to be in the gym 7 days a week like some of us but do SOMETHING every day. I see people in wheelchairs in the gym!

If you already want to give up then you should learn to be happy with your body. Hate to give the tough love attitude but there's way to many people complaining and not being consistent!

So my back pain is past physio, been there done that thank you!
    Last year being at the gym 4 days a week, stair master, treadmill, weight training with a certified coach, landed me in the hospital for 2 weeks. After home it was another 3 weeks till I could walk again.
    So please don't lecture me about excise. I keep myself active everyday...
  • schmidt72
    Options
    Chilli7777 wrote: »

55 pd