Need help with emotional eating before my weight gets out of control

zenobia105
zenobia105 Posts: 9 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 30 years old with 2 children. I stand 5 foot 8 and currently weigh 157 up from 142. I tend to eat when I'm stressed out. Hoping that talking to someone will help me stay in track

Replies

• 3nnui
    3nnui Posts: 21 Member
    This community has helped me a lot. Try to log in and add food before u eat. But check your feed before u log. U might find a friend has given u the inspiration to make good choices. Invite sent
  • pikaruka
    pikaruka Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Zenobia105, I do that too. Am trying to control the stress-binge-eating. As the previous comment indicated, recording calories on the food chart will help. I also tell myself mentally to 'slow down' as I pile my plate with food, so that helps during the phase when one thinks 'am gonna finish eating this asap before I think about it'!

Also I think your weight is fine for your height by the way, so tell yourself that as of now things are still under control even with this recent gain. But now, get back on the eating healthy track.

Good luck!
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Knowing is half the battle... you know the problem is you eat when you're stressed, which is good.

Anytime you have access to food and you're stressed, but not hungry, then just remind yourself of what you just told us. Take a bite if you really are a little bit hungry, but don't eat 10 slices of pizza cause the kids are yelling. Put down the fork and know what sets you up for failure and what sets you up for success.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I tell myself that I need to deal and not eat and that helps a lot. Trying to problem solve, set some boundaries, ways to take care of yourself, gym instead of eat helps my stress also
  • zenobia105
    Thank you guys for the awesome advice. I'm going threw a fresh breakup and became a single mom in what seems like over night. So far I'm doing good today I haven't eaten any high calorie snacks
  • zenobia105
    pikaruka wrote: »
    Zenobia105, I do that too. Am trying to control the stress-binge-eating. As the previous comment indicated, recording calories on the food chart will help. I also tell myself mentally to 'slow down' as I pile my plate with food, so that helps during the phase when one thinks 'am gonna finish eating this asap before I think about it'!

Also I think your weight is fine for your height by the way, so tell yourself that as of now things are still under control even with this recent gain. But now, get back on the eating healthy track.

Good luck!

My daughter plays with my stomach and calls with her pudgy buddy now lol. I'm going to work on not eating if I am not hungry. One thing that used to help me is when I tell myself eat to live not live to eat
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,332 Member
    hm. I think it would be good to have a little lesson with your daughter about making fun of other peoples' bodies, too.

Breakups are difficult, sorry you're going through that. I find having projects on a list to go to is a good tool, so is writing in a journal every day for ten minutes. Get it all out, then move on for the rest of the day instead of ruminating about it. What's done is done, right? I know, it isn't that simple, how about a walk or painting the bathroom? :lol: I so wouldn't ever paint the bathroom - but you get what I'm saying.) Maybe just clean out a drawer or closet, that always distracts me.