No food scales

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I measure or weigh certain things...mostly because I cook a lot and there has to be some accuracy in preparing good food...I used a food scale and other measuring devices long before I started this little good livin' safari.

I have never been one to weigh out every little thing...I've never put a sandwich together and weighed each slice of bread or bothered with prepackaged single serving items, etc. Mostly I weigh and measure in order to follow a recipe and prepare a nice meal...otherwise my scale is used for calorie dense things that I'm bad at estimating...in maintenance I use my scale far less than when I was losing weight.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    If you are losing, have lost, and/or are, maintaining weight loss, however you arrived where you are, it works for you and that is the important thing.
    As in all things related to weight loss, and keeping the weight off, whatever works for you is what counts. There is no wrong or right way, as long as you are getting the nutrients you need for your body to function properly.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    Anyone here used IIFYM and achieved their goals without every owning food scales?

Anyone still losing with no food scales?

I've lost 74 lbs - about 1/3 of that without scales. My loss rate has been virtually identical with scales v. without (for the same calories0. (I am very accurate at estimating weights - especially on calorie dense items, where the visual size corrsponds very closely to weight.)
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    How would you be sure if something fit your macros, if you're not accurate with your calories? Then you're guessing....

Some of us are very good at visually evaluating the weight of food items.

Somewhere in this 4-month window I switched from no scale to scale. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to pick it out.

mjy5avyx5aha.jpg