My fitness and Protein

Options
One thing I don't understand is how My fitness calculate protein. My daily allowance according to My fitness is 83g. That isn't even 1/2 of what I should be getting at 185lb. From all I have read it's a 1 to 1 tactical. Now I am over 30% body fat so I am figuring 0.8 would be closer. That puts me at around 166g.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I believe MFP sets the macro goals at the USDA EAR (for legal reasons). You can go in and change the settings, they're not set in stone.
  • grob49
    grob49 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OK that makes sense. Tried to change it but I'm using the free version so can't make any changes like that. I'M just going by the totals that it list.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    grob49 wrote: »
    OK that makes sense. Tried to change it but I'm using the free version so can't make any changes like that. I'M just going by the totals that it list.

You can change it by %
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Def go in and change it... Just change the percentages... I had to change mine too. Also remember anytime you reset goals you have to change it again. Just a heads up.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    You can change the percentages with the free version. I have mine set at 30%.