Gaining from losing to weight, to gaining weight. How do I make the transition?

Options
Hey all...

As you can read in the title I'm transitioning from losing weight to gaining. I've never had a number goal in my mind, I just new I had to lose fat, witch I've done thus far. Now that I've lost 80% of the fat I've wanted to, I want to start focusing on building muscle (while working at that last 20% at the same time). How do I best adjust my calories and macros to account for gaining muscle and still losing fat?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have a small calorie deficit, adequate protein (~.8g - 1g per lb of weight), a good progressive overload lifting program and hope you have good genetics.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Personally if you are only 80% of the way to your fat loss goal, I would continue until you are relatively lean or at least happier with your bodyfat. Under 15%, nearer 10-12 is the ideal start point.

Re-comping is one option but it is slow and for me, if I don't see progress I want to get out. Of course you may be much more patient than I
  • sskly48
    sskly48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you can do a slow cut, it will slowly but surely bring your body fat down to single digits.
    Set weight loss to 0.5 lb per week