Best trainer?

Options
Would like to know everyone opinion on the best trainer to wear for walking? Personally I think New Balance.

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    my trainer is great but i wouldn't try to wear him.

#sorrysorryicouldn'tresist.
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Depends on which ones fit your feet best and offer the best support for your foot. Everybody is different in that regard.
  • delboy604
    delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I seriously could not say a bad thing about New Balance. They look great and feel great. But would love to try others. I hear assics are good
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Brand names mean nothing for fit. It depends on your feet and the specific model within the brand. One model can fit great and the next horrible because they can be built on different lasts (foot type). New Balance is one of the few that still identifies the last by number and allows you to search for shoes based on last number. At least the most recent time we checked they still did this.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own perfect trainer. I would never say my trainers are better than anyone elses..

So the best trainer is the one you get fitted for and tested at your local running store. Cause buying anywhere else can cost $$$$$ when they do not perform.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Love my Nike Fitsole's.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    So the best trainer is the one you get fitted for and tested at your local running store.

Most shoes from running stores have a raised heel, which isn't ideal for walking. It creates a clunkier walking gait, which can worsen orthopedic issues. I'd go with any comfortable zero-heel shoe (skateboard shoes, Vans, Altra, etc). :+1:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What are the best shoes? How long is a piece of string?
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    New Balance, Asics, or Nike are all great.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about walking, not working up to jogging or running, get a walking specific trainer if possible. They have the heel sole constructed narrower, flatter, and rounded to accommodate the lower impact rolling strike of a walker.

Cheers, h.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    my trainer is great but i wouldn't try to wear him.

#sorrysorryicouldn'tresist.

In Ireland you would 'wear' the face off someone, hee hee hee