I have a question that's a bit weird

Options
My weight went up a little bit when I went on my monthly. is that normal ? I feel like I'm weighing myself too often XD . I seriously gained 2 lbs over night and I didn't eat that much yesterday. lol

Replies

• Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have no experience there but know those who do... and yes, it's normal.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am a guy so things are a little different, but I weigh everyday and my weight fluctuates, sometimes as much as 3 pounds. Dont panic, the important thing is that the weight is trending down.
  • wookiepants
    wookiepants Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Completely normal. It happens to me but i gain about 5 pounds and then it just falls off of me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yep. Four pounds for me, every freaking time. Comes after again afterwards.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations are normal, and most of the time it's due to water weight. I've gained up to five pounds due to water weight before, usually after intense workout days.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kxj6g6ikbg8l.jpeg

Normal weight fluctuations in maintenance

Changes on scale due to
    Hormones around ovulation and period
    Change up in exercise
    Sodium
    Carbs
    Phases of moon
    Hydration, stress, sleep patterns

Nobody has a fixed weight we all have fluctuations due to water weight ..mine is around 5lbs of my goal

• MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    @Sued0nim wait phases of the moon? I knew phases of the moon affect gravitational pull, but I thought only large bodies of water like oceans and rivers.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I'll go up 3-4 lbs for the first few days! I just don't weigh as I know it will piss me off!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    @Sued0nim wait phases of the moon? I knew phases of the moon affect gravitational pull, but I thought only large bodies of water like oceans and rivers.

I'm not always serious :)
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

I'm not always serious :)

Lol, good b/c I don't think my body could handle a full moon on top of everything else.
  • leilaaitch
    leilaaitch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yep, I weigh every other day and gained 3lb then have gone back down 2lb this morning, it's perfectly normal xx
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Yep, totally normal! I don't bother stepping on the scale that week.

As for weighing yourself too often, the scale is not your friend, nor is it your enemy. I see it as a messenger, how I react to "the message" is up to me. So when I get on and see it's gone up, I accept the message and carry on with what I'm doing.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Really not a weird Q by MFP standards, I'd give it a 2.5 where 1 is "Not weird" and 10 is "Can I put on weight by smelling food".