diet and exercise. .. Not losing weight

Options
so I have been back in my diet now for a week and haven't lost one single pound. I was aiming to lose 2 pounds a week :(

my diet looks like this ...

bf - oats and egg pancake with coconut oil and stevia
L - boiled egg, cottage cheese and sweet potato followed by an apple
snack - banana and 1tsp of peanut butter
D - fish, broccoli and Bulgar wheat
dessert - natural yoghurt with berries and 1 tsp of peanut butter

I do spin classes, body pump classes, hiit training, boxing, and core condoning classes and train six days a week (usually 2 classes a day).

i just don't understand why the scales haven't moved even a pound l. i have put in so much hard work.

Replies

• me33y
    me33y Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes of course ! I'm eating 1200 calories a day and burning off 2200 .. which in sight should mean a two pound weight loss "/ ... I have my holiday in 11 weeks and wanted to lose something at least every week to get to my goal
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    me33y wrote: »
    Yes of course ! I'm eating 1200 calories a day and burning off 2200 .. which in sight should mean a two pound weight loss "/ ... I have my holiday in 11 weeks and wanted to lose something at least every week to get to my goal

Then see my second point... keep doing what you're doing and be more patient
  • Havamal71
    Havamal71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but with the amount of working out you are doing is it possible that you are building muscle as quickly as you are losing fat? Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    If you are weighing everything as accurately as you can you will see results very soon
    Be patient
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear and takes time. If you are eating what you state and burning what you think then you will lose weight.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    me33y wrote: »

Does that mean you burn 1000 cals exercise a day? I'd have to run 10miles a day, every day to achieve that and would hold a ton of water, as well as get ill. MFP overestimates my run calorie burn by quite a bit. If you don't weigh food, you should. You'd need more than 1200 cals a day to sustain exercise at levels of 10 miles a day running effort for a new exerciser. Water weight from excess exercise could also hide any fat loss.

Going by your profile pic, you're already very lean. Losing anything may take some time.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You may not lose as much as you expect in 11 weeks. And you may not lose the weight in nice even pounds per week either. Keep at it and try to be patient. I understand that it's frustrating but if you are eating in a calorie deficit you will be losing weight - it just might not be obvious straight away due to our bodies being complex and that lost weight being masked by other factors. Try other methods of tracking your progress like, a tight pair of pants - are they getting looser as the weeks go by.
  • Eliziboo
    Eliziboo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    as the others have said, it takes time to burn off calories! Give it a few weeks and then check again! It seems as though your input is ok and the output is great! One week really isn't all that long to be sure which direction you're going! Patience and time will be your friends!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You don't say how much you're trying to lose, but 2 lbs is too ambitious unless you have more than 50 lbs to lose. Please read the sticky posts at the top of each forum on this site to learn more about weight loss expectations and patterns. You will benefit from an understanding of a realistic loss rate for yourself and understanding how weight fluctuates up & down and loss doesn't happen in a straight line just because we WANT it to.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Havamal71 wrote: »
    I'm no expert, but with the amount of working out you are doing is it possible that you are building muscle as quickly as you are losing fat? Muscle weighs more than fat.

NO you are not an expert if you truly think muscle weighs for than fat.. that was a joke right?

OP its been 1 week, did you really think 1 pound was going to be lost in the first week? And you exercising on top of that.. your body is going to transition from what you were doing before diet and exercise.. And to be honest, ALL that exercise is gonna compound what you see and do not see in form of water weight/retention. This goes along with all the other things like sodium intake, hydration and lack there of, carb intake? and oh? don't forget female hormones. It might be time for you to get acclimated with all these things. We have all been there. :)

Patience is your friend today and will be for quite a long time from now. :)

PS If that is a current profile pic of you, are you sure you need to lose 2 pounds a week in an aggressive fashion like this?

What is density? A pound equals a pound but it takes a lower volume of steel to equal a pound vs feathers. Not really relevant to the thread though as OP isn't building any muscle.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »

NO you are not an expert if you truly think muscle weighs for than fat.. that was a joke right?

OP its been 1 week, did you really think 1 pound was going to be lost in the first week? And you exercising on top of that.. your body is going to transition from what you were doing before diet and exercise.. And to be honest, ALL that exercise is gonna compound what you see and do not see in form of water weight/retention. This goes along with all the other things like sodium intake, hydration and lack there of, carb intake? and oh? don't forget female hormones. It might be time for you to get acclimated with all these things. We have all been there. :)

PS If that is a current profile pic of you, are you sure you need to lose 2 pounds a week in an aggressive fashion like this?

What is density? A pound equals a pound but it takes a lower volume of steel to equal a pound vs feathers. Not really relevant to the thread though as OP isn't building any muscle.

What? Am I needing a lesson or something? ;) you have mistaken that part was addressed to the OP it was not.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    A whole week?
    Give it more time.

You weigh your food? Could you be PMSing? Could you have had some high sodium?
    You know muscles retain water when starting new workouts?

One week is not enough time to evaluate progress.
  • me33y
    me33y Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies ! I am currently 9 stone and am 5'2" .. I know this is not considered as overweight, but everybody wants to look lean for holiday photos!

As for the exercise thing, I have always done lots of exercise regularly run 9 or so miles - I have been a fitness freak for a few years now and have cut down immensely! so exercise is certainly not something new to me... Over the past year I have put on a stone of pure fat due to me going off my clean diet and eating too much chocolate and pizza (my own fault). The person in the profile pic was my a few years back when i went diet mad. i went down to 5 stone 2 .. Don't want to get like that again!

I'm just going to keep at it and hopefully the pounds will come off! Thank you all for your encouragement! feeling much more motivated now
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »

What? Am I needing a lesson or something? ;) you have mistaken that part was addressed to the OP it was not.

I know it wasn't. You teased another poster for stating muscle weighs more than fat. It is more dense, which is what is meant by that statement. An equal volume of muscle weighs more than an equal volume of fat, therefore you could lose size and stay the same weight. Not relevant to the discussion, but the poster wasn't wrong on that. He is wrong on the fact that OP may have put any muscle on, which she would not have.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    IT's been a week.

Sadly, even the 2-pound loss you're hoping for is well within the range of accuracy of most consumer-quality bathroom scales. Combine that with slight variations in water retention due to changes in diet, exercise, or hormones, and its not realistic to think you'er going to actually be able to necessarily see steady ticking down of numbers.

• Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry. Water weight alone will fluctuate quite a bit. Keep at it and you will see results soon enough.