Lower my calorie allowance?

Options
mrsld
mrsld Posts: 12 Member
Hi,
I've been monitoring my calories on here and inputting everything I eat. I'm eating good clean good and I'm exercising more. I've selected 1.5lb loss per week and I'm about 6 stone over weight.
I'm not really seeing results and wonder should I lower my calorie goal set by MFP?

Replies

• JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I had to lower my calorie intake by about 150 from MFP's recommendation and I don't eat back any exercise calories, in order to see the scale move. I'm pretty sure my metabolism was just so slow that my calorie needs were lower than predicted.
    I've been exercising daily for about 10 weeks now and I'm back up to their recommendation (still don't eat back any exercise calories) and I'm losing about 1.5/week. So I'm guessing my metabolism is more normalized now. You could try a small decrease and see what happens.
  • mrsld
    mrsld Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fab thank you. I think I'll selected "2lbs a week" and follow that guide. I haven't mean using the exercise calories. X
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    are you weighing foods and measuring calorie dense liquids? allowing cheat days where you don't log? accurate logging is essential to success weather you are trying to lose fast or slow.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Before lowering calories I always recommend checking your logging. Are you using the food scale for all solids, measuring cups/spoons for all liquids, using the recipe builder, using accurate entries, accurately logging exercise calories, logging every single thing that passes your lips?