Quick food

Hey guys. Does anyone know of food that is good for losing weight and building muscle that's easy to just throw in the microwave or in a pot of boiling water quick. I hate cooking and suck at it..

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2016
    Veggies. Very easy. Steam, boil, roast, make a salad or eat raw. Toss in some herbs and spices. You got flavors. Pre-cook(oven roast or crock pot) some chicken breast, roast beef, pork, etc and keep them in the freezer for easy add microwaveable protein.

Cooking really isn't very hard or even time consuming. With a little practice you will not suck at it. If you can boil water you can make soup. Make a big pot and you only have to cook once or twice a week. Crock pots are also fantastic for making great meals with little effort.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Eggs. Though I would suggest gentle handling rather than throwing.

Before anybody else says it, you can lose weight eating any foods, though a well-rounded diet helps keep you healthy.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited September 2016
    Have you ever tried using a crock pot? You just toss in a meat, some frozen veggies, sauce (Italian dressing, vinaigrette, BBQ, or Campbells makes slow cooker sauces that are quite good) and leave it on all day while at work and when you get home it's ready.
    This site has some good (and not so healthy) recipes
    http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/08/30-easy-crockpot-recipes.html
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    I think a crock pot is a great tool for anyone who doesn't really enjoy cooking, thinks they aren't good at cooking, or just doesn't have a lot of time. Chicken breast + salsa+any seasonings you prefer, put in the crock pot on low for 8 hours (this is what I do because my crock pot has a setting for that.) I use this for tacos, taco salad, with black beans, by itself, etc.
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    And I second the eggs. If the phrase "you are what you eat" were true, I'd be an egg.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    SteadyHaze wrote: »
    Hey guys. Does anyone know of food that is good for losing weight and building muscle that's easy to just throw in the microwave or in a pot of boiling water quick. I hate cooking and suck at it..

Any food that fits in your calorie goal for losing weight is fine even packaged foods.
    No cook foods- Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tuna, cheese, nuts, nut butters, fruit, vegetables, hummus, breads, deli sliced meats, cereals, canned beans
    Quick cooking- eggs, pasta, rice, vegetables, oatmeal, bean and cheese burrito

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    A calorie deficit for weight loss.
    A calorie surplus and sufficient protein for muscle growth.

Cooking doesn't have to be difficult. But it will take some time to make decent meals. Elaborate meals take more time, but decent meals don't have to be elaborate. If you find yourself preparing decent meals, maybe you won't feel that it sucks so much or that it's a waste of time. Boiling rice, potatoes or pasta, baking a piece of meat or fish, and steaming vegetables, or mixing it all up in a stir-fry, doesn't take long.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    You can't go wrong with baking off a pack of chicken breasts, on sunday, then getting the microwavable veggie steamer packs and rice packs. BOOM a weeks worth of food done in the time it takes to steam the veg more or less.

I agree on the crockpot, super easy does all the work for you.