It's me, again...

Options
I have struggled with my weight much of my adult life. I have struggled with self-esteem as far back as I have memory. As a child, I was not overweight, but often called "pleasantly plump" or "chubby" by extended family because I was not as petite as some of the cousins my age. That really stuck. I maintained a healthy weight through high school, all the time thinking how fat I was (I was not) and wishing I was smaller and prettier. I wish I could go back and tell the younger me that I was OK just the way I was.

After I married my husband and had our first child, the pounds came. I gained about ten pounds per year for several years, and I have rested at my current weight of 250-270 for the last few years.

At 44, I am ready for change. I want to have energy. I want to avoid type 2 diabetes, which runs heavily in my family. I want to live a long life and enjoy many years with my family.

I have stopped drinking carbonated drinks, sweet tea, and I have replaced them with water. Water, water, water, along with small changes in my eating habits. Today marks two weeks since the change. I have started logging again today on MFP and plan to make it part of my daily routine, again. Monday will be the first day of a more focused meal plan - healthier choices and smaller portions.

My goal is to lose weight and feel better. I have too much good in my life to feel as bad as I do most days. I have a husband that thinks I am beautiful and loves me with every bit of his heart. I have healthy (grown) children and a precious two-year old grandson. I have Christ in my heart. I have a God that created me in His image - so I am beautiful no matter my outward appearance. I wish I had believed this so many years ago.

Please keep me in your prayers as I move forward.

Replies

• Dday0829
    Dday0829 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    God bless you on your journey! You can do it and you will succeed!