What are your small weight loss hacks?

Options
I've been parking in the lot half a mile from the office so I have to walk an extra mile a day to and from my car. I also park on a higher floor and use the stairs instead of the elevator. What are your small weight loss hacks?

Replies

• akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    • Sugar-free jelly (that's jello to our american cousins)
    • 3L water/ day
    • walking around the block when I leave my desk to have a vape
  • Komixe
    Komixe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I want to eat chocolate or snack but I already ate, I walk for like 20 minutes or pet my cat, she demands attention.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat a big breakfast: it makes me ravenous all day and I end up going over on cals.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Eating a half sandwich, all the filling just half the bread.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Parking across campus from where my class is. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
  • becca_86
    becca_86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walking up and down the platform when waiting for the train.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast as late as possible
    Bulking all meals with lots of veggies
    Bulking pasta with courgette noodles
    Walking a lot
  • FindingCynSporation
    Options
    Healthy soups! I'm always surprised at how much eating a cup of soup either at lunch or dinner helps to fill me up and saves calories. Minestrone, lentil soup, tomato bisque...
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like Ken's Steakhouse light Caesar vinegrette. The oil floating on the top of it grosses me out, so I pour it off. I have no idea how much it reduces the calorie count, but I figure it won't hurt to pour it off.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    1. Treadmill desk--I work from home and love this!!
    2. Greek yogurt as afternoon snack--yummy, low cal, and keeps me full until dinner.
    3. IF--I don't eat until 1pm. Condenses my calories into shorter amount of time.
    4. Black coffee with a small square of chocolate --about 60 calories. I have this twice a day, and it keeps me from otherwise snacking on higher calorie foods.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I have another one I recently discovered--salsa or hot sauce on salad! It takes the place of dressing or olive oil, with almost no calories. And I like it more than dressing. I especially love Trader Joe's Green Dragon Hot Sauce for this! But I do like things spicy.
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    1. Eat lots of nutritionally dense foods.

2. Pack in the fiber-rich veggies & fruit making them a focus (e.g., a heaping portion of broccoli w meal) as well as little extra add-ins (e.g., some raw spinach in a smoothie--you can't even taste it).

3. Feeling hungry between meals? Eat a nearly calorie-free food/drink like grapefruit (52 cal), cranberries (46 cal), sugar snap peas (35 cal), coffee w unsweetened vanilla almond milk (11 cal), spicy dill pickles (5 cal!) or herbal tea (0 cal).

4. Steamed veggies without dressing or oil/fat mean eating fantastic full fat cheese & avocados without going over fat macros. +Veggies start to taste subtly sweet when you don't overcook/under-cook them & you don't drown them in added things.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Diet soda, gum, hot sauce instead of salad dressings, high volume meals (veg and lean protein), hot tea, My Protein flavor drops