Women's Horror Stories regarding Men, Stereotypes, and Misogyny in the pursuit of fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• amelialoveshersnacks
    Options

Fitness Family... I hear whispers and allusions to horribly wrong situations and opinions that Men present to Women while in the gym, online here on MFP, and other arenas. I want to hear the full stories. I want to know what Women experience behind closed doors, or in the loneliness of an empty gym, and hopefully draw strength and insight from sharing those experiences second-hand. I don't want to start a witchhunt or "out" any users, because invariably, someone will feel the need to target and threaten named MFP users. I just want a central place for Men like me to read the full stories of Women like you, and maybe even some suggestions on how to intervene or hold Men accountable in the long run.

Yeah, don't be an a**hole
  • DancingDaffydils
    DancingDaffydils Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In my experience, men at the gym have been very helpful and motivating. I could do with out women thinking they have a right to tell me what I should do at the gym. I have had two negative experiences at the gym. Both were little girls stuck in grown women's bodies.