Transformation in < one year 1 YR

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some motivation and perhaps what you think the probability of someone transforming their body in less than a year?

CW: 157
GW: 130-145 (muscles wanted lol)
Height: 5'7"

If anyone has (or can comment a link to someone who has) transformed their body from skinny fat/chubby PLEASE send me a message or comment below!

Using active.com's body fat calculator it says I'm at 27% and I'd love to get down around 20/22% Do you think I'll be able to lose 5-7% body fat before the summer comes again?

Thanks so much everyone! <3

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you were to retain all of your current lean mass, 20-22% bf would put you at approximately 143-147 lbs, based on your 27% bf*. That's just 10-14 lbs between now and next June. You should be able to reach your goal loss in 9 months.

* most calculators are at least a bit off but let's stick with that number to make it easier to do the math
  • Jean8595
    Jean8595 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes! But you will have to be DEDICATED. You can do it!
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    P.s. I have lost 10% in about 10 months
  • Jean8595
    Jean8595 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »
    P.s. I have lost 10% in about 10 months

Congrats!!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Please be aware that whlist mathematical calculations can show you the theory of what can happen, the practice is very different sometimes. You can achieve your goal yes, but with so little to lose it will take serious dedication and if you want to drop that percentage you gotta find an exercise that is not only effective for full body, but one that you enjoy as you will need to really work at it! Don't get me wrong im not trying to dissuade you, I managed to drop my body fat about 6% in 5 months of doing pole every day but I'd ready lost 95% of my weight before that point. So yes, if you really commit to this it IS possible yea, and you will feel amaaazing next year after all the hard work! I wish you luck!!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea it is definitely possible. I am the same height as you.
    I don't know my BF% (nor do I really care to know it) but I started off at about 25% (if I had to guess) after I gave birth in January.
    It took me about 7 months to bring my BF% down (again, I am guessing I am currently 19-20%), I did this by keeping my deficit small, protein at about 1g per lb goal weight and lifting weights. I am sure you could get it done in a year or less at least. Good luck!