need advice! fats and sugars

Options
My program has me at 1200 calories. I am OK with that but am finding that for me to eat the 1200 calories, I tend to go over my fats or sugars. Not by much, but still... so for example, if I eat salmon, or 25 pistachios, its a pretty safe bet I ll go over my fat calories, but I will still be under my 1200. Thoughts, suggestions??

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Calories are what matters
  • gonetothedogs19
    gonetothedogs19 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just eat a balance diet. Don't worry about fat. Fat in itself does not make you fat.

According to recent guidelines by WHO and the USDA, refined sugar consumption should be minimized for good health.

You can listen to WHO and the USDA, or listen to the typical MFP poster who will tell you that sugar is sugar, therefore, a donut equals an apple (assuming calories are the same).
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    IMO - I'd listen to those who have been there done that and give good sound advice on these boards. It's much more believeable than any government agency who by all rights can't even balance a checkbook and want to balance your sugars, fat and whatever else they can get their fingers into ;)
  • gonetothedogs19
    gonetothedogs19 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    IMO - I'd listen to those who have been there done that and give good sound advice on these boards. It's much more believeable than any government agency who by all rights can't even balance a checkbook and want to balance your sugars, fat and whatever else they can get their fingers into ;)

The people who have tried calorie counting and failed are not posting on this site. And most people fail at calorie counting (like they fail at most diets). Do yourself a favor. The science is in. Try to avoid refined sugar. Now you may be that person who doesn't need to avoid it. But odds are you are not. And common sense tells you that sugar in a Coke is not the same as eating strawberries.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options