Weighing yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly on Sundays. I don't have time every morning to hit the scale. Plus, I don't want to see the number go up temporarily and start my day off badly.
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but don't worry about fluctuations. I base by progress on my weekly average. It helps me stay motivated.
  • agnatkowa
    agnatkowa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I will admit to weighing myself several times per day. I am fascinated by the tiny (or big) ups and downs and how they relate to what I ate, drank, or worked out. I'm also not devastated when I see a high number because I know it will inch down over the next couple of days. I love the data! When I was first diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, I tested my blood sugar several times per day, and learned a lot.

The number I use as my "official" weekly weight is what I see on Thursday morning.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Daily.
    It's just a number and has no emotional overtones to me. I understand my normal fluctuations and can spot developing trends earlier.
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Weekly, each Monday.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Every morning, after bathroom, before tea.
    I weigh daily but don't worry about fluctuations. I base by progress on my weekly average. It helps me stay motivated.

Hi
    As the people I quoted I do mine daily like ogtmama mentions and do not forget to weigh wearing the same thing to eliminate that variable.

As Andrea says, I also do not worry about minor fluctuations. It is the overall trend that I take into consideration, especially as I have had as much as a 5 pound weight swing over two days after going with friends to a Chinese Buffet. Mainly Water weight from all the sodium in Chinese food :) It did take a week to get back to where I was that morning of the Buffet. However we all need a break where we can get out to see friends IMO. So I do not begrudge the effort of having to get back down.

I Log my morning weights in a Ledger Book, Yup the old fashioned way. Then If I want to graph it I do not have to enter the weights every day :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi
    As the people I quoted I do mine daily like ogtmama mentions and do not forget to weigh wearing the same thing to eliminate that variable.

As Andrea says, I also do not worry about minor fluctuations. It is the overall trend that I take into consideration, especially as I have had as much as a 5 pound weight swing over two days after going with friends to a Chinese Buffet. Mainly Water weight from all the sodium in Chinese food :) It did take a week to get back to where I was that morning of the Buffet. However we all need a break where we can get out to see friends IMO. So I do not begrudge the effort of having to get back down.

I Log my morning weights in a Ledger Book, Yup the old fashioned way. Then If I want to graph it I do not have to enter the weights every day :)

Good Luck
    Roger

And by "wearing the same thing" I mean neckid! ;)
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I posted above that I weigh every day and here is a picture to show you why I do this and why I track my 7 day average. The orange line is my daily weight and the blue is my 7 day average. Weight loss is just so far from linear that you can see all kinds of results in your weight. The body retains and loses water, the timing of when you eat, etc. effect so much. ayz1b0yxoe2k.png
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Yep. Same here. In the morning and in my undies. I don't care so much to wear my birthday suit as others like to do. It's very very nice to have a graph of weight fluctuations. I like to make sure I don't go out of my maintenance range. I wish I had as much data from when I was losing weight. I only weighed myself once every 4-5 weeks while at a deficit.

As always, do what works for you, but I personally believe people should weigh themselves at least once a month in order to catch any upwards or downwards trend early on. People don't gain weight overnight; it's a slow creep.
  • ksenya03
    ksenya03 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh a couple times a week. Always in the morning. It lets me see both the variations and trends in my weight. I have ups and downs but over all my weight is coming down at a slow, steady rate.
  • NomaElephant
    NomaElephant Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I used to do it weekly, first thing in the morning, BUT I stopped weighing myself regularly once I started aiming to put on muscle (and still lose fat). I focus more on how I FEEL and how my clothes ( particularly my jeans) FIT. I now probably do it once a month, when I just feel like it.