Understanding the app

Options
BAHRJE6576
BAHRJE6576 Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2016 in Getting Started
dqhw6muzi9m5.jpeg
Could someone please explain to me what's what? The apps confusing a bit because I'm stupid.

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well, your goal is to eat 2500 calories a day at whatever activity level you entered. For this day you only ate 1422 calories. Then you exercised and burned an additional 1398 calories. So to meet your goal, you need to eat 2476 calories more. If you don't want to eat that much, you can "bank" the calories for another day where you eat more or exercise less. Does that make sense?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    The app is telling you to eat more, you haven't reached your calorie goal for the day. That said, I do wonder how you burned so many calories...
  • BAHRJE6576
    Options
    I thought the goal was to eat less then 2500 calories a day. Otherwise won't I just gain more weight?
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    When you enter your statistics, you enter how much you weigh now and how much you want to lose, and at what rate. So your goal calories is the amount that you can eat to lose weight (if you entered that you want to lose weight!). I suppose people could use this site to gain weight and their numbers would be different than yours.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Your goal doesn't include any exercise calories; that you earn. Therefore you're to consume them because exercise burns calories. If you don't consume your exercise calories, then you're consuming less; than your goal. However many exercise calorie burns're unrealistically high & thus I halve them but some people consume 75% of them.
  • BAHRJE6576
    Options
    I understand now. Thank you all!