ready to start AGAIN...

Options
I have been on quite a roller coaster with my weight. Went from 215, down to 175, back to 204, and am now at 193. I do really well for a while, and then I'm not sure what happens. I fall back into old habits way too easily. I battle with depression, and have a hard time motivating myself to do anything. I know I need to eat better foods, I know I need to stop binge eating, I know I need to stop being lazy and get my *kitten* off the couch and be active, but knowing what I need to do and actually doing it are two totally different things. I have got to stick with it this time. I need and want to be healthy. I want to know what it's like to feel comfortable with myself and have confidence. I feel like having friends on here will help me with accountability. I'm looking for people who struggle like I do, maybe we can help each other get to where we want to be

Replies

• Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think we all have ups and downs. I am currently doing reasonably well with my eating, but that is after 6+ months of not. I count myself lucky to not have surpassed my original weight in that time because I know how easily it can happen. Depression is sneaky, too, it makes you tired and lies to you about how things are going. Congratulations on taking steps toward positive changes. Message me if you want to be friends. :)
  • zombiemama1
    zombiemama1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am back at it again too. I started at 194, down to 154, now back up to 169. I turn to food when i'm under stress and have a tendency to binge eat. I'll add you to my friends. I could use some support too :)
  • afigirl113
    afigirl113 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I binge eat too. I eat even when I'm full. I have such a terrible relationship with food :(
  • ladiiebee
    ladiiebee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same old same old for me as well. I started at 285 got down to 175 with the help of a nutritionist and gym coach and now im up to 200:( the pounds just crept up on me. I am so tired of hearing how pretty my face looks or that i hold my weight well...eye roll...i am making a promise to myself to regain the motivation I had when I began my weight loss journey. I was able to stop taking insulin once the weight came off, but i fear that my type 2 diabetes will get out of control again. I am sick and tired of my weight yoyo-ing! we could alll use some motivational words sometimes. Rant over lol, I start my crossfit on Monday!! I am really gonna stick with it this time and i wish everyone posting here, the greatest of luck...you CAN do it-being a woman is already hard enough, we dont need weight struggles on top of it!
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too. My highest weight was 300 lbs over 6 years ago. I dropped down to 145-150 with the help of myfitnesspal. Then I went back up to 250 after 2 pregnancies. After that I've been yoyoing back and forth. I got down to 190 and then back up to 218. Today I weighed in at 208.

So it is possible to lose the weight. I kept it off for a couple years then I was on bed rest for my pregnancies and had to eat every few hours due to blood sugar issues. Depression has been an issue with me for a long time as well. One of my pregnancies ended unexpectedly at 28 weeks and getting over that has been my greatest hurdle.

But I've decided its time for me to be happy again. On Wednesday I cut all junk out of my diet and I'm already feeling 1000x better. I've always had a terrible relationship with food as well. My family is heavy for the most part. I grew up as the fat kid and was under the impression that I could never be skinny because of my genetics. Food has been a huge part of my life. It was there for celebrations, when I was sad, and when I was bored. I'm fighting to break those habits now. One thing I'm trying to do is make at least one snack a day a fruit or vegetable.

Good luck on your journey :) I sent you a friend request. Let's do this together.