MFP Experts: Critique my diary!

Options
noranda82
noranda82 Posts: 23 Member
To all the MFP success story gurus out there, I would love a critique of my nutritional and exercise diaries. I'm looking for ways to improve without compromising my insatiable sweet tooth. I'm looking for fitness tips as well as a general idea if I'm on the right track. If MFP had a nutritionist on staff, I'd gladly pay for a critique! However, I bet the greater community of MFP has a plethora of useful advice. :)

My stats:
Height: 5' 4''
HW: 213.0: April 21, 2013
CW: 187.6: July 15, 2013
GW: 120.0

Exercise:
* Cardio everyday (30-60 min walking or elliptical)
* Bowflex heavy weight training M, W, F mornings for 30-35 min

Regarding my food plan, while my goal is 1200 net, I do eat back my calories. Since I exercise most days, I usually end up eating 1400-1800 cals/day. I use an HR monitor with each workout to get the most accurate calorie burn. I also have a fitbit to track my daily steps. I follow the 12-week beginner Bowflex routine outlined in "The Bowflex Body Plan" and am on Week 8 of heavy lifting/resistance. For cardio, I do 30-60 min of walking or low-to-moderate elliptical (HR = 125-140) most days of the week. I usually eat something every few hours (hence all the food in the Snacks section), but I do eat ice cream every day. It's Skinny Cow delicious heaven and while not exactly healthy for me, it motivates me to lead a healthy lifestyle without the added stress of my brain freaking out that I'm on "a diet".

My progress:
I lose an average of 1.7lb per week. I weigh myself every Monday morning. I've lost ~10 inches on my waist although my stomach still seems like it's taking forever to shrink. I keep careful track of everything. I log every calorie, every Bowflex exercise, my sleep, my water intake (separately from MFP), and have created progress graphs to make sure I'm still on track (see below).

Being the perfectionist I am, I'm always looking to do better. Any advice you all could give me would be very much appreciated!

zl450m.png

Replies

• kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I'm no expert but I'll bump the post so someone who is will see it! Good luck :wink:
  • noranda82
    Options
    Thanks!
  • HannibalK1ng
    Options
    You need to lower your carbs(not that they are bad) but because your protein is very low.

Maybe skip some of the processed food for fresh and do you really need an ice cream bar once a day?
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    You need to lower your carbs(not that they are bad) but because your protein is very low.

Maybe skip some of the processed food for fresh and do you really need an ice cream bar once a day?

Agree with this. I'd also suggest ditching the light Italian bread for a more nutritious, less processed one (i.e. Ezekiel bread).
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Carbs too high. protein too low... calories too low. I'm no expert but those are my initial thoughts.
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Just remember that losing weight slowly is a great way to ensure that it will stay off. People who lose too fast, and don't make all the lifestyle changes necessary, usually see it come right back.

I agree that less processed foods, more lean proteins and cutting back on unnecessary carbs are some great tips. Perhaps ice cream can be cut back from every night to every other night, then maybe once a week. I have to wean myself from things slowly. Good luck!
  • noranda82
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!