I Want a Success Story

Options
Hello, I want to be one of you, the "Story". I want to be the one who can inspire others to reach their goals/dreams. So I ask myself, "How do I get there". Every person has their own weight loss struggles that they battle. Weight loss for me has been a decade of trying to find the person who I don't see when I look in the mirror. I look at my reflection and I think, "Who is this girl? What is her place in this world?"

My problems arise when I am losing weight and I hear the compliments. People tell me I look great and that I shouldn't lose anymore weight. Then I see their eyes go down to my waist and hear the hesitation. I often hear snickering when I say that I want a four pack and or a toned body. I want to train hard and be strong. But when I say that, people give me that look like, it's never going to happen. But why? I don't know. If I lose 5 pounds it is noticeable. My stomach is my biggest issue. It is my trouble zone. I feel like I am carrying around a big Krispy Kreme donut around my waist. Sometimes I look like I am carrying a 6 month year old baby inside of me. One of my school teachers once asked if I was pregnant, in front of the entire class. Unbelievable.

"Time" is my biggest opponent. I want to be at my target weight too fast that I don't even see that I am actually losing weight. I only see that I am not at my end goal. Then I believe that nothing is working for me and I binge, which results in weight gain. I am constantly losing weight, than putting the pounds back on because I lose faith in myself and the possibility.

My Success Story: I want my Success Story to say that I can walk into any store and pick out a pair of jeans that aren't the largest size available. I want to pick out a swimsuit and not have to worry if it has a matching sarong. The greatest feeling, when my spanks don't leave impressions on my skin. When I can get out of the shower and not feel my thighs sticking to each other as I walk to my bedroom. I want to be able to walk into a sauna without a t-shirt, workout pants, or towel around my waist. I want to go to a club and look at that "It girl" bearing her belly, or showing off her mini dress, and think to myself "I am not her because I can't be, but because I don't want to be". I don't want to hear my 275 pound mother say, "Hey as least your not as fat as me". Like it gives me an excuse?

I want to be active, an athlete, take on a sport and be physically fit. If you think to yourselves, "This girl has serious problems with her body image"; please don't. Everyone has their own body issues. I just want to make my body a representation of who I am on the inside. I am incredibly happy with my family, friends, relationships, and God. Most of all myself. I am proud of what I have accomplished in my life. But I am overweight. Simple. I hope I can share my success story very soon and hope you think positively of my story.

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your journey to success. I wish I'd had the same self-awareness at 23! If you need someone cheering you on, feel free to add me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!