Major Milestone!

Options
pamazado
pamazado Posts: 13 Member
Today I reached the weight I was when I graduated from highschool. I graduated at the age of 17 and what I thought was a horrific weight of 195#. Little did I know that it would be 29 years later before I would see that weight again. I topped the scales at 305#( I did that almost 3 times). I lost hundreds of pounds over the years but had never went below 220# since I was 22. I lost the majority of my weight over the last 2 years with the help of a 12 step program. I still use this program...it saved my life. Through this I was able to give up sugar and gluten. Over the last year though my weight stayed about the same. One day while watching the the biggest loser I heard them say.." you have to watch your calories or it won't last" something I would have never been willing to do before. I have decided to use this in conjunction with my 12 step program and wow.. it's been great! I actually enjoy journaling my food. I can't lie to myself about what I am eating. I need accountability! This is an awesome site and I appreciate the little encouraging posts I have received. I am no longer obese- I am just overweight! Seems odd to celebrate this but it's a miracle to me! For the first time I think I can be of a normal weight.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!