New Mizuno Wave Inspires...

Options

I have a brand new pair of Mizuno Wave Inspire 11s. My previous 2 pairs are the Inspire 10s. I have always taken the time to do a trial treadmill run (1-2 miles) to test out the shoes to see if they rub anywhere before taking them outside. I usually do my long run on Sunday, and would really like to wear my new pair. Should I go for it, or wait and to a treadmill test run first?

Replies

• fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Long run new shoes. I am grimacing behind my screen.....
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah so...wait and try them out on the treadmill? I guess I could do that tonight and see if I end up with any hot spots...
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I would wait. Every time I get a new model year shoe I always test them first. I know from experience that the same shoe brand and model can change from year to year. My Nike Vomero 10s are a half size bigger than the 7s, 8s, and 9s were. Had I worn them first for a long run I would have been in big trouble.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Treat a new iteration as a new shoe. My old faithful changed their drop from 12mm to 10 and I ended up with a sore Achilles tendon....
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I am cringing .. long run in new shoes? I can't imaging buying new shoes where you are expecting problems. To be honest, I test all my shoes at the running store on their treadmill for 2 - 3 miles before I buy. And when I get the shoes home, I do longer runs on the surface I plan to run on more for the initial at home test.. 3 miles. 1 -2 miles is not enough to warm up feet and get little swelling in the feet that occur during running.

I have had Minuzo Wave Rider for a couple of months ago, no issues.