Leanbulk/reversediet/ED/female/gaining/help

Options
Hi all. Ive never posted in a forum like this.... I'm Kayla.I've had MFP for about 2 years... about the same time I started lifting heavy after recovering from an 8 year battle with ED. I've been reverse dieting aka lean bulking for 8 weeks and didn't start gaining until about 4 weeks ago. 3.5 pounds. I fear that I may have increased too much. I was at 2590 calories and dropped it this past week to 2200. But I still managed to gain two pounds. So I'm not sure what do do. I want to gain--but not too quickly as I want more muscle>fat. Any help? Thank you. :)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to wait it out at that intake to see if the weight gain levels out. Depending on how much of an increase in calories you have had along the way it is normal to see an initial jump in weight. Give it a few weeks on your current intake and see what your weight does, then determine where to go from there.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It took me a good 6-7weeks to get over the initial jump in water weight I experienced and get myself evened out to where I seem to be gaining more slow and steady now. It was weird because for the first week and a half I gained nothing and then I had a huge jump. Some of that fell back off, but I did end up having to decrease my calories a bit. Give it a little more time as is and then make little tweaks as needed along the way if need be.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    I'd give it another week at 2,200 and see how much you gain. If you still gain more than you want, try cutting back slowly, 100 or 150 calories the next week. Give it two weeks to see how your body reacts and make any changes you need from there.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good luck girl - I'm recovering from a long-term ED myself and am trying to do a similar thing. Still putting off that initial increase! You can do this.