Hello from Venice Beach, CA

Options
Hello everyone,
I just joined MFP because I am tired of being the fattest person in Venice Beach! Everyone here eats so healthy and works out all of the time! I feel like a fish out of water! I love to walk everywhere but I am just eating too much junk! I hope y'all can help keep me motivated so that I can teach my daughters good, healthy habits! Hope everyone has a great evening!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hello from Marina del Rey!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hello from Columbus, Ohio :-)
  • bcarroll2000
    Options
    Hello all. I am new to the site. I am a 35 year old female with 2 beautiful daughters and a loving husband. I have been over weigh pretty much all of my life, but now my weight has really gotten out of control. I am 5' 7" and weigh 253 pounds!!! This is the biggest that I have EVER been! A friend told me about this site so, I decided to join today and I am already loving it!!! My goal is to lose 118 pounds and I know it is quite a feat, but with this site and the encouragment from everyone here, I will be able to acheive my goal. I am very excited to be here and wish everyone the best of luck!!!! Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions that you may have for me. Thanks in advance!!

1386162.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bcarroll2000
    Options
    Angel,

u r doing so good!!! keep up the hard work!!! losing weight is hard work to say the least, but we can do it right?? Do u have any advice for a "newbie"?

1386162.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dharmachic
    dharmachic Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also close by, in Mar Vista. I know what you mean by feeling self-conscious where you are. The nice thing is that there are plenty of healthy options to eat - I remember when I used to live in a certain area in the South years ago and asked for a veggie burger, they looked at me like I had three eyes in my head, then after a while, handed me a dripping greasy lard-fried beef burger with a slice of green leaf lettuce, "There's your veggie on a burger." LOL (no way knocking the South, I love visiting there!)
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Hey there, from Westchester! I totally know what you mean, everybody here is so skinny it really makes you feel self-conscious. And yet, there are fast food joints every five feet... SoCal is a strange, strange place.

Anyways, welcome to MFP! =)
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hello from Fresno!! I just started about 2 1/2 weeks ago....
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hello from UT. just signed up today i have 55 pounds to lose good luck everyone
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    i think my adice to a newbie is to be accountable...when you are getting ready to eat something think about it...is it the best choice? Is this something I want to go right to the hips or is there a better choice? Working out is also a huge key..I try to do 1-2 hours a day now..but starting out it was 30 for me...just try to do some activity everyday :-)
  • MikeRay
    MikeRay Posts: 47
    Options
    Hello from Spring TX.