Maintainance calories

Options
Trying to wrap my head around carb cycling and getting the right amount of protein, carbs and fat on low & high carb days. But stumbling on what MFP gives me for maintenance calories alone: 2240??? Seems high for female, 139 lbs, 20% body fat and working out 5-6/week. Did I miss something?

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What are you putting in for activity level? I only get 2050 as a 6' 160 lb guy. But I use a sedentary activity and add exercise as it happens.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    It's not a lot for an active female. ..my wife is 5'2" and maintains on about 2300...I eat around 3000...closer to 3500 when I'm training for an endurance cycling event...you think it's a lot because you've been programed to think that you need to eat like a bird.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Have you confused activity setting with how much you exercise?
    They are separate items on here.

Activity setting is your job/lifestyle ONLY.

Exercise is logged and the calories estimated and credited in addition to your daily allowance.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Depends how tall you are
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Higher than mine at the same weight, but I don't do cardio. You know if you use the MFP number you should add the exercise calories as you do it. MFP gives me my maintenance because I don't do added cardio.

I find that it is similar to whatever the average is between what the IIFYM and Scooby's calculator gives me. If you want to try those.
  • lucysup
    lucysup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    depend on your eating habit
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am a little over 5'0'' , 17 % body fat, 101 lbs, and my TDEE is 2340, that too without logging any workout done that day. I eat about 2300-2800 depending on what I am doing that day. And according to my activity tracker I am always eating a 200/300 calorie deficit. I think 2240 is fine given your weight is 139