Injured, Depressed, Need Your help

Options
BlackRangerX
BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
edited October 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi,

I have recently injured myself, ruptured my achilles, and been really down lately. I'm still able to workout my upper body, but my mood has went to crap. I'm leaning on my mfp friends to get me out of this stink. Recovery is 4-6 weeks, which isn't bad. If you are injured and want to challenge each other, please send me a friend request or comment below.

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I had surgery 15 weeks ago and and I am still on crutches, sentenced to swimming and light upper body weights.

I had been running. Been rough! I bet your 4-6 weeks go buy quickly. I just try to stay out of the pie.
  • adriennevy
    adriennevy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I gained 15lbs after breaking my collarbone in a moto accident, having surgery nearly a month later, and being in a sling for 5 weeks after that. Don't let your injury allow you to get lazy, I wish I hadn't. You'll be back in the game soon enough, and if your doctor prescribes physical therapy, DO IT. It will make your recovery fly by and prevent you from having long-term issues. Be patient, and watch what you eat now that you aren't as active. You'll be ok! :)