Gym membership? Help?

Options
erillyn
erillyn Posts: 65 Member
Debating on trying the gym in my town. It's a Snap Fitness. They're having a deal for a 30 day trial pass for $8.95. Think I should take it?Is this a good deal? And should I after that (if I like it) go for a month-to-month membership of 34.95? I'm not sure if any of these prices are good, ya know?

I can't really afford to by any exercise equipment for my home and I have a very low heat tolerance to be outside lately, but I'm nervous to go to the gym. I feel like I might be out of place like people looking at me odd because I'm not doing something right. It's crazy yes, but that's the way my pretty little brain works!!

Replies

• kidtachyon
    kidtachyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sure. $9 for a month long trial pass sounds great. Then you will know if you will actually go the gym, like the equipment and people, etc. $35/month sounds about average for monthly fees. Not a great deal but not a bad deal.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I would take the month for that price, for sure!
    $35 sounds fair for monthly.
    Check out if they have a yearly dues and also sign up fees. Sometimes those can add up to $200! not such a good deal after all.
  • lsiberian
    lsiberian Posts: 69
    Options
    Nine dollars isn't bad. You should also try out liveexercise.com. I've been using it for years and it has everything I need for my goals. If you like it it's only 6 dollars a month. A set of bands is pretty cheap too.
  • erillyn
    erillyn Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Snap fitness, depending on what location, offers a month to month plan, 6 month and 12 month contracts. They one by my house only offers month to month. I will have to check and see it they have sign up fees though. Thanks for the tips!