Excuses excuses

Options
So you know how we always think if the situation or circumstances were ideal or different we would do something? I know I think that alot. Well, I was just thinking about my experience on here and in life and my conclusion is this. No matter what changes those excuses are just that, excuses. You aren't going to go exercise if you have more time or had a trainer or knew what you were doing more and you aren't going to eat better if only you had more money or more time to prepare it, it's just not true.

I say this because I have seen it in my life and others. For example, i used to complain i did t know what i was doing or was unmotivated to go to the gym and yet I have a husband who has a bachelors degree in health and fitness and has been a bodybuilder for well over 19 years, he is a certified personal trainer and has done countless competitions. Yet somehow this wasn't enough motivation to go to the gym.
I was off of work for 2 months solid and still couldn't find the time to work out now time to prepare healthy food even though I had an additional 8,9 hours laying around where I didn't have it before. Heck money wasn't even a problem at that point so I couldn't say I couldn't eat healthy because it was too expensive.

Sure, there are some valid excuses why people can't do what they want to in the gym or eat how they want to but from my experience its mostly fluff and what people (mainly myself) are saying when they say 'I can't do this' is ' I don't want to do this.' Often I don't want to eat healthy and I want junk but when I think about it like this it's that much easier to realize that all those excuses get me nowhere and Ill have wasted a bunch of time being unhealthy when I could have just said ' I don't want to but I'm gonna.'

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    And then you say..sh$t I wish I'd have done this sooner rather than later.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Like you have no idea! I've spent too much of my 20's chubby!!