Working mom, 2 kids, sports! Dinner ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I never had luck with the crock pot either because of my work schedule. I was just out of the house too long. I am past the days where I am running kids around but it's tough. My suggestion would be to make full use of your crockpot on Sunday. Last week I did make Wegman's recipe for Slow Cooker Minestrone. It was very good (and I am *not* a soup/stew person) and it made a boatload. At the same time I was doing that, I made a big pot of chili on the stove. Each of these meals provided a grab and go kind of meal for when the whole family has a different schedule.

Also, don't shy away from just having some lunch meat on hand and making some healthy-type sandwiches and some good, canned chicken noodle soup. This beats the fast food drive in.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention paninis... we have a panini press and my family loves panini night - some crusty bread, good olive oil, fancy cheeses and different deli meats... everyone gets to make their own and we serve it with baked fries or veggie chips.
  • alvarezmilly2
    alvarezmilly2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    chrystenfo wrote: »
    Here's the issue, I work full time and my young kids (elementary school) are in sports Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday night. Work ends at 5, sports start at 6 and end at 7. Home by 7:30.

I have been getting them a snack (fruit or granola) between work and practice, but dinner feels impossible. What are some of your tips for dinner on these crazy nights. How do I have three of these nights in a row!!!

just added this recipe to the discussion. check it out, it's super fast and easy.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10465528/creamy-broccoli-pesto-sauce-family-recipe-no-oil#latest

also i recommend whenever you have a couple hours to spare on your day off or extra time in between your busy schedule, you should cook as much food as u can. throw some chicken breast in the oven and have em ready to eat on your busy days ! while the chicken is cooking you can prep your veggies, rice, or salads. make a large amount enough to feed your family for atleast 3 days !