Arghhhhh! Wrinkly Neck

Options
Oh my God, you guys.

I have lost 50 lbs. so far, have another 30 to go and all of a sudden...I have a wrinkly neck. :(

I mean it's out of nowhere. I get that a woman my age can expect some wrinkling to begin but I had nothing there whatsoever at the beginning of 2016, when I re-committed to losing weight, and now, bam, I have this...weird...jiggliness, and little lines. I think it's the beginning of the dreaded turkey-neck...

Anyone had this happen? Did things firm up or was it forever?

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm older than you (by 10 years if the 72 in your user name is your birth year). I've lost 92 pounds so far.

At different points during my weight loss, my neck skin and jowl area were more wrinkly and saggy, but they firmed up. I even had someone compliment me on how tight all my skin was there one day in the park (I got to talking with a group of women who were walking laps on the track).

A lot of issues with loose skin related to weight loss get a bit better over time, but there's an ugly period at the start that's rather alarming!

Editing to add: Argan oil is magical as a moisturizer. One drop is all you need.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Bummer! It could be extra skin. Hopefully it tightens up.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I'm older than you (by 10 years if the 72 in your user name is your birth year). I've lost 92 pounds so far.

At different points during my weight loss, my neck skin and jowl area were more wrinkly and saggy, but they firmed up. I even had someone compliment me on how tight all my skin was there one day in the park (I got to talking with a group of women who were walking laps on the track).

A lot of issues with loose skin related to weight loss get a bit better over time, but there's an ugly period at the start that's rather alarming!

Editing to add: Argan oil is magical as a moisturizer. One drop is all you need.

Wow, thank you. This is encouraging. BTW, your body is amazing. (Not saying that in a weird way... :p )

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

Wow, thank you. This is encouraging. BTW, your body is amazing. (Not saying that in a weird way... :p )

Ah, thank you!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm almost 50, have lost 51 pounds, and am starting to see crepey skin on my arms and neck. I'm not sure if this is related to weight loss or peri-menopause.

I've started using Hyaluronic Acid on my neck and think it's helping. http://www.iherb.com/p/68528

I previously tried Frontier's argan oil (as well as a number of moisturizers) but didn't see any improvement.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    And if your profile name means you live in LA (Los Angeles) it's not the best city in which to have a realistic perception of aging, body size or wrinkles. I live here, too, and there's a "rejuvenation" clinic on every corner!
  • alohajls
    alohajls Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good to hear there can be improvement!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Google facial yoga. There are lots of muscles in your neck and face that can be worked like elsewhere on you!
  • TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just get a mohawk haircut. Then people won't look at your wrinkly neck.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position as you and I've already told my husband that if it doesn't firm up I'm getting a necklift...I'm too young for this *kitten*
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I have it too...including the lines. I lost 40 pounds and noticed jowls...then I lost about 3 more pounds and BAM...turkey gobble wobblin' all over. I'm looking up the facial yoga right now.
    PS I'm 40.