NHS Weight Loss Plan?

Options
Has anyone tried this and if yes what are your views on it?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have tried/used something similar, and my experience is that I can stick to a "plan" - as long as it isn't completely crazy - long enough to lose weight, but then I go back to old habits, or worse, and regain, and end up weighing more than when I started. This is usually referred to as "self sabotage", but it's not people who fail, it's the plan that is designed to fail, and make us feel miserable to boot. We all need to compose our own diets, or else we rebel. MFP provides all the tools you need, right here.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I just had a look, and it's calorie counting, just like MFP. It looks to have some good basics on getting decent bang for your buck on calorie allowances and getting moving.

It does give a set calorie allowance for men and women (1900 men/1400 women) and doesn't take individual stats into consideration, but the allowances are reasonable.

As weight loss plans go, it looks to be reasonable, and could be a good place to start if you need some basics and a bit of structure. It suggests some really good starter exercise stuff like C25k, and has app support.