Hungry all the time

Options
dws00
dws00 Posts: 159 Member
What are the best foods to keep you feeling full?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    For me? nutrient dense foods. Good fats (nuts, seeds, avocado), nutrient dense, high fiber carbohydrates (green vegetables, legumes, whole grains, berries etc...) and protein (lean meats, dairy etc.) does the trick.
    For ME, limiting heavily refined, low nutrient foods (the things often called "junk foods") has helped.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    The best thing to managing hunger for me is eating at a small deficit (vs. trying to lose faster).

At an appropriate calorie level, I will avoid hunger if I eat a MINIMUM of:
    100g protein (I'm actually ok w 90g, but try for 100g)
    50g fat
    25g fiber

YMMV. Bigger people probably need more, but they also have more calories for it.

I know you asked for specific foods, but it depends so much on what macro I'm needing that day. Love a snack of almond-cheddar-pepitas (high fiber & fat), one whole fruit with greek yogurt & toasted flax (protein & fiber). I try to have a good bit of protein & fiber in every meal. Love fat bombs. :p
  • dws00
    Options
    Much appreciated! The fat bombs are what kills me also!
  • mari5466
    mari5466 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Try quinoa. I cooked it in chicken stock and it makes a great substitute for pasta. Also oatmeal is a great thing to keep you full in the morning or Greek yogurt. And I add whatever I want to them to flavor them. Add steam vegetables as a side to your meals even if you have carbs with it.
  • dws00
    Options
    Great idea on the quinoa. Yogurt does work well for me, thanks.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Protein and fibre help me... most of time. There are days when I'm a bottomless pit and nothing seems to help :(
  • dws00
    Options
    Protein and fibre help me... most of time. There are days when I'm a bottomless pit and nothing seems to help :(

I hear that!
  • kklittle
    kklittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Air popped pop-corn for a snack... you can have a good-sized filling portion for fairly low calories. When I am super hungry I try to find very low calorie foods that I can have a lot of for that full feeling, like broth based vegetable soup or salads loaded with veggies and easy on the dressing, for example.