Best 4-5 day training routine focusing on strength and some hypertrophy work?

Options
Basically what the title says. I've been training since a freshman at 14 for football. Now I'm 20 and have jumped around to different programs and am familiar with all the fierce 5, stronglifts...etc. right now I'm doing a 5 day body part split, with some strength style sets. I'm getting somewhat bored of it and never have really done a PPL or upper/lower. I also would prefer a 4-5 day a week training schedule. Anyone have any tips/ advice on which training program would be best, or a routine you run that is similar to what I am looking for? Just interested in hearing anyone's thoughts! Thanks!

Replies

• jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I do upper/lower split and love it..

Monday - HIIT
    Tuesday - upper body
    Wednesday - lower body, usually volume sets of squats followed by accessories
    Thursday - HIIT
    Friday - upper body
    Sat - cardio
    Sunday - lower body, usually heavy deadlifts and accessories

I don't train chest as I have implants so I can manage shoulders, back, bi's and tri's in those upper body sessions but you may like to do say chest, shoulders and and tri's on upper day 1 and then back and bi's on upper day 2. That could be your PPL factor as well.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Without knowing you goals it's hard to say. If you want to touch on that, we can be more informed. In a general sense, the two structured programs that I know that incorporated hypertrophy and strength would be PHAT or PHUL; 5 and 4 days respectively.
  • sskly48
    sskly48 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    there is no best training routine, because everyone has different goals.
    Generally working at your weaknesses should be addressed first (priority training), so if you feel your chest is lacking, then you should do chest focus routine.

if not then you just have a balanced routine where you hit every muscle group at least once a week.