Sugar Fast....

Options
ChaleGirl
ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
A colleague and I were talking about how much sugar we eat. I literally eat soooooo much sugar, it's not good at all!!! I eat multipacks of chocolates and there's always cake in my office. I know I have zero self control. So we made a pact that we would not eat any added sugar for the rest of the October, in the hope that it will get us back under control. If anyone wants to join us feel free. We can perhaps post when we need motivation to stay away from the while stuff lol, we can also confirm when ila day has been successfully sugar free!! :)

Replies

• Spears1354
    Spears1354 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    No added Sugar! If I could accomplish this I would definitely feel like I've accomplished something major... even more challenging than any exercise challenge! I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm in!!! I can do this and I'm definitely going to need motivation to make it so lets do it together!!!
  • ChaleGirl
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yay! So glad you're in too. I've actually logged my food up to lunch time so fingers crossed I can do the whole day. We can do this!
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Ok... First day on the Sugar Fast Challenge and the only form of Sugar I used all day was the Honey I used in my Coffee this morning that I was actually drinking when I decided to do the Challenge. After that I made it the rest of day without. One day down! So glad its bedtime...lol! Yea!
  • ChaleGirl
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well done!
    Annoyingly I had ordered some premium luxurious fudge from a shop in Edinburgh and it came yesterday. I didn't eat any though. I put them in the freezer. I can't pretend that I wasn't tempted lol
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have recently decided to cut way back on added sugar - but not completely yet. The last time I tried to cut it out completely I had horrible headaches and gave in. I think if I cut back for a while first it will be an easier transition. Plus I'm staying with my boyfriend's family for Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and I don't think that would go over well haha. But I'm rooting you guys on and reading along for inspiration!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am in on this. I have a wedding this weekend and I already am getting the shakes on how I am going to say no to cake. I have my game plan and am going to stick to it. Plan is to remember what cake really does taste like and do a pass. I am going to eat a healthy dinner and remind myself that cake is not always a positive to health. The warm and fuzzy was a little lacking last time I had it.
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    I've watched fed up, thought it was really good! Haven't seen that sugar film though, will check it out. Something that has been helping me get through is by telling myself that I can have these things but just not for now! Makes it feel more temporary.
    Day 2 wasn't too bad! I'm not craving sugar yet, let's see how long it lasts! Babysteps!
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    Just wanted to check guys, what tactics are you employing to stay off the white stuff?
  • Spears1354
    Options
    ChaleGirl wrote: »
    Just wanted to check guys, what tactics are you employing to stay off the white stuff?

Same as you ChaleGirl. I'm telling myself I can have it... Just not right now. I'm hoping that by the time the month is up I won't have the cravings or the mindset that I need that dessert or sweet snack and I just decide to stay away period. Lol... One could hope! :#

• Spears1354
    Options
    Day 2... Made it! Yea!!!
  • Ersheen
    Ersheen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • Deb1getfit
    Deb1getfit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to mfp and this sounds like a challenge I need to do. Mind if I join? Can those documentaries be watched via Netflix?
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Are you cutting out all sugars (including sugar from fruit)? I recently completed a sugar fast (no fruit) and currently am living sugar-free (ie. everything except fruit). If you need motivation, let me know. I am on day 30 of no-sugar-anything. Best of luck to you!
  • ChaleGirl
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Feel free to join @Deb1getfit
    I know fed up is on Netflix not sure about the other one. Good luck, with support I think it's easier than you think. Well, let's see if I still say that after the weekend. I was meant to be at a work event yesterday but I didn't go as I wasn't ready to be tempted in a social setting
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    @foxandflora I'm just cutting out added sugar but I'm still eating fruit. It's really helping me to cut out on processed food. I had to freeze my fav veggie sausages because of the amount of dextrose in them! Well done for being sugar free for so long. That's amazing! What differences have you noticed health wise and weight wise? I will defo lean on you for support and vice versa!!
  • Becky45cm
    Becky45cm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in! I know doing it with others helps a lot. I have been struggling for awhile now, eating much more candy and pastries than I have in years as well as soda. I have been trying really hard to cut this stuff out, even doing just soda so only one thing at a time, but I guess emotionally I just haven't been strong enough. I DO know that it's having a huge impact on my health, mentally and physically and that's the main reason I want to quit. It's so frustrating that my eating was under control for five years, then I lost all control.

Good luck everyone!
  • ChaleGirl
    Options
    Welcome @ Becky45cm! You can do it.

Day 3 down. I struggled a bit today and so compensated by eating loads of potato chips. Not good. However, I did stay away from sugary treats. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

I hope everyone else had a better food day than me!
  • Spears1354
    Options
    Day 3 was a struggle for me as well. I made it through the day though. From this point if I start any major cravings I will just head on to bed lol!... Bring it on Day 4... We are going to do this!
  • Spears1354
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Are you cutting out all sugars (including sugar from fruit)? I recently completed a sugar fast (no fruit) and currently am living sugar-free (ie. everything except fruit). If you need motivation, let me know. I am on day 30 of no-sugar-anything. Best of luck to you!

foxandflora I hadn't really thought about fruits but I haven't done any on this challenge with exception of a very small amount of green apple on a salad for lunch today. I wonder now if thats part of the reason I had more cravings this afternoon than I had the 2 days before.