Weight gain or water retention?

Options
So on Saturday I was 49KG and on Monday my scale was up to 51KG. I pigged out all weekend so idk if its actual weight gain or water retention. Yesterday I ate about 1000 calories but this morning the scale still remained the same . So is it weight gain or water retention?

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    2kg of actual weight is very hard to put on over a weekend. Likely water retention.
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thank you both :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,157 Member
    Options
    Water mainly. Just so you know, water weight will not come off over night. It takes days, sometimes weeks. Eat your calorie goal and drink a good amount of water and it will go away.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Its water.. it will not take weeks to even back out.

Hydrate all throughout the day, and stay on your normal diet that you do each day during the week. Usually a weekend like this lasts till Wed for me (3 days) this is when I get back on point with normalcy.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Water mainly. Just so you know, water weight will not come off over night. It takes days, sometimes weeks. Eat your calorie goal and drink a good amount of water and it will go away.

It has also taken me about 2 weeks to get back to normal weight after overeating. It sucks. :)
  • healthy491
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »

It has also taken me about 2 weeks to get back to normal weight after overeating. It sucks. :)

It usually takes me about 3 days but its usually like 1KG not 2KG.. thats why I am worried :/
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am still worried about you. You are at a low weight and your posts contain red flags and extreme fear of gaining weight. It sounds like you are in restriction/ binge. You shouldn't undereat at all as this leads you to overeating. Have you talked to someone yet?
  • healthy491
    Options
    I am still worried about you. You are at a low weight and your posts contain red flags and extreme fear of gaining weight. It sounds like you are in restriction/ binge. You shouldn't undereat at all as this leads you to overeating. Have you talked to someone yet?

I appreciate this a lot but I am fine , really . I mean , yeah , I do hate when I see I've gained weight obviously but its just my lifestyle really. During the week I am just really busy so dont think about food and sometimes even forget to eat ! In the weekends , I hang out with friends etc so of course I eat more .. and for my height ( which is short ) , I am at a normal weight :)