Lost my first 2 lbs in 4 weeks!

joowelz
joowelz Posts: 170 Member
edited October 2016 in Success Stories
I love this app and being knowledgeable about my caloric intake. It's working! I was aiming for a half pound loss per week and have lost my first two pounds in a month. I am using a food scale, as everyone suggested, and reduced my calories to the 1,650-1,760 range. It obviously did the trick!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    You lost in your first 4 weeks.. that's way awesome! :)
  • joowelz
    joowelz Posts: 170 Member
    Yes! I am so thankful for being enlightened to the fact that it's all about calories in, calories out and the whole scale thing is soooo helpful. It doesn't take much food to go over your daily requirements, thereby getting fat, and it does seem difficult cutting back calories to lose weight. It's just science/math. Amazing feeling to know I have it under control now by logging. It has completely changed my mindset about food and how much I am willing to "spend" (calories) on a moment of pallatable pleasure.
  • wookiepants
    wookiepants Posts: 40 Member
    That's good! Congrats and it is an amazing app
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    I remember when I first started using this app...i was shocked how fast the calories added up! And just like you it's all about how you want to spend your calories.... Kinda like your bank account, spending wisely to get the most out of it lol!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!