Back into Fitness

ShamiranShae24
ShamiranShae24 Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So, a little background about me:

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I went from gym to gym, had two personal trainers (one was a boxing coach). But, as many know - training prices are fairly expensive. I believe that the gym scene include people showing off their talents or using their bodies to pick women/men up (from what I've noticed).

I've done the Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred for about 1-2 weeks. Stopped that. Now, I want to just stay active, and have fun. Anyone have some motivational tips? I generally like to workout at home, or outside but since it is beginning to get cold out, home workout will be best. I just need to get back into staying active because it makes me feel good!

Replies

• Spen1973
    Spen1973 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello from the UK,

Great luck with your return to fitness! Go for it!
    As for tips etc, for me if I choose to workout at home then I stick to 30 HiiT sessions that I follow on YouTube, I try to avoid ones that are by big Celebrities as they tend to fall short of my needs. I do run 3-5 times a week and have done well, however every single day I struggle to get out the door and fight going BUT my motivation is how I know I'm going to feel at the end of it, what it does for my body and mind and how that in turn affects everything else in my life.
    I do follow this website closely as theirs so much motivation from others!
    Just keep it simple...go for walks/jog/run, have fun cooking and eating great healthy food, don't worry if you want to eat pizza or cake...just eat it and back on track the next day!
    Lastly just know that you can and will get back to it! Get into the fitness first and don't get hooked up with any weight issue, that will come after or indeed during. Count calories and it will melt of you, yes it's a pain to start but gets easier!

Go for it!
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Picking a program (or hitting up any number of free workouts/resources) that you find fun is key. Plenty of themed programs- dance, "fighting", calisthenics, body weight, etc. It's just a matter of exploring those options and aligning them with your goals. All of them will get you active... only you can determine which one is fun.

Good luck and congrats on your focus and realistic perspective!
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Honestly as hard as it sounds - sort your diet first and weight will drop off you... This will make exercise easier and I guarantee you will become unstoppable when you do both...

Pinterest crossfit workouts and you will find a lot of hard workouts that can be done at home. They are constantly varied so should keep your mind stimulated
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Oh and good luck...