Weighing IN - how often and when?

Options
2»

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,998 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing and log it on Libra so I can see the trend. When I was losing I only logged losses on mfp. I don't really know why I did it that way, I just did. Now that I am at maintenance I am logging on Libra daily and mfp on Mondays. I prefer weighing daily because I like seeing the fluctuations. If I just weighed weekly then there would have been weeks with no loss or even a slight gain and that would have been really hard for me. But it is a personal preference which is best. Some people find daily weighing frustrating.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My goal is set to .5 pounds a week so I only get on the scale every couple of weeks. Interesting development this morning-- it had only been about a week since I last weighed in but I hopped on the scale anyway and found 2 pounds gone!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I like the Wi-Fi connected scales that log your weight, I have the Aria from Fit Bit. I weigh after waking once a day at the same time each day. I now have a graph of my weight over the last three years.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone but for myself, I've found if I weigh in weekly it's better than daily (it's too much pressure each day cause it changes a lot for me-my body holds onto sodium like you wouldn't believe!) so I weigh in every Saturday morning before I eat or drink anything.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning as soon as I go to the bathroom. It helps me to track which foods make me retain water, and some of the medications I take have sudden weight gain as one of their more serious side effects. If I suddenly gain several pounds, then I know I have to get straight into the doctor's office.
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh 3x a month always avoiding period week as i always gain from that. I weigh in on Sundays to motivate myself to stay on track on Saturdays (the day i am most likely to binge eat) and i always weigh in the morning before eating.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I weigh every day, though I know I shouldn't. It's part of my wake-up ritual... I have to start my day earlier than the rest of the family to get my workout in, so it motivates me to get out of bed when my alarm goes off. I weigh in, get dressed in my workout clothes, and sip on some coffee while logging the breakfast and lunch I plan to have. Some days, when my weight reaches a new low, I get to have fun logging it... other days, when it's fluctuating in the upward direction, I try to meditate on the fact that it's not a linear process... either way, it's part of the morning ritual!