New breakfast ideas.

Options
2»

Replies

• NotAhab
    NotAhab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Trying to get my husband's diabetes under control and for both of us to lose weight. I see that you put Brown Sugar in your Oatmeal. I LOVE IT LIKE THAT. Is Brown Sugar less carbs than Regular sugar?

I find I can do Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats for breakfast with no sugar if I give it a generous sprinkle of either Pumpkin Pie or Apple Pie Spice. It will take a week or two to really start noticing the spices instead of the lack of sugar. Throwing 1/2 a banana or apple into the oatmeal, putting a plate over the bowl and letting it sit a couple of minutes also helps.

BTW: I make my Old-Fashioned Oats by pouring 6 oz. of skim over 1/2 c of Oats and nuking for 2ish minutes. No patience for stove-top on a work day.
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Quaker steel cut oats, cook for 30 minutes. Add whatever topping you can have. I add a few Hersheys kisses!
  • KeKy4
    KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg whites with seasonings and cottage cheese. Some people stir it together after cooking the eggs, I just like some of each on the fork.
  • asianrabbit31
    asianrabbit31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lol, my quick go-to breakfast is
    -1 egg (76 cal)
    -Green onions (6 cal)
    -1 slice of Frang's 9 grain toast (110 cal)
    Total: 183 cal
    I use a non-stick pan so i can use little to no oil for my egg. Then, i just cut up a stalk of green onions w/ scissors directly on top of my cooking egg. After i flip it and let it cook, bam. I got myself breakfast in less than 5 mins. >< i get lazy, so i dont season the egg at all.
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Also just came upon something called the breakfast cookie by Skinnytaste! It consists of bananas, oatmeal, and chocolate chips only so it's quite healthy, while also filling and sweet!

I'm going to try it out as a snack, maybe not for breakfast, but just if you guys are interested :)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-breakfast/
  • firlena227
    firlena227 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    janekana wrote: »
    Also just came upon something called the breakfast cookie by Skinnytaste! It consists of bananas, oatmeal, and chocolate chips only so it's quite healthy, while also filling and sweet!

I'm going to try it out as a snack, maybe not for breakfast, but just if you guys are interested :)

http://www.skinnytaste.com/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-breakfast/

Ooooh those look gooooood! Last week I made a loaf of wholemeal banana bread, with choc chips & walnuts, that I'd been having as a super quick breakfast... gonna give those cookies a try though... with a gigantic coffee too, of course!
  • LeeAnnW23
    LeeAnnW23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Check out this app, it gave me a lot of new and great ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks! Its called Eat This Much. I think that you can put your macros in it and if you pay :frowning: a monthly fee it will build you a grocery list off of the "menu" for the week. I have been playing around with it and I have found a few new recipes that I am going to start using on a regular. Oh! You can also put in how many people will be eating for each meal to make the grocery list more accurate. I have a four children so that has been a huge help :smiley:
  • anntoureilles
    anntoureilles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread:

Parmelet stuffed with a little steamed broccoli and a few chunks of Tyson cooked chicken breast (google "parmelet" if you want to see how that's prepared - it is delicious!)
  • shawnamarie67
    shawnamarie67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love this : a soft boiled egg then mixed with1/3c of cottage cheese with some chopped up green onion. A bit of pepper then microwave for 30-45 sec to melt cottage cheese. Stir and eat with a toasted English muffin. Yummy!
  • loveiswhatholdsustogether
    loveiswhatholdsustogether Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I Have what may seem like a stupid question. As I'm a virgin to all of this. Trying to get my husband's diabetes under control and for both of us to lose weight. I see that you put Brown Sugar in your Oatmeal. I LOVE IT LIKE THAT. Is Brown Sugar less carbs than Regular sugar?
    Thank you
    Brenda

Try the brown sugar blend that has splenda. It's what I use in my house to cut carbs but also sugar amount for my husband who is also a diabetic. Hope this helps
  • AmLyWe
    AmLyWe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1/2 Avocado & egg (hard boiled) on toast = amazing