Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Best Hashimoto’s Diet

2»

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Go to a dietician.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    I managed to lose the 10lbs I wanted to lose, and then an additional 30lbs while having untreated Hashi. No problem at all. The only thing is that Levothyroxine gives me more energy and a better concentration, plus lots of other things.

I suggest you don't take vitamins unless you were diagnosed with a deficiancy. Mineral and vitamin deficiencies are common with hashi, and if your gp ran a test while you're taking vitamins those tests would possibly show you are healthy and cover up the deficiency. At least two weeks, possibly more no minerals and vitamins before a blood test. But I would get those tests. Especially Vitamin B12 and D3 deficiencies are common, and iron (test ferritin, not serum iron).
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks everyone for your input. The internet has all sorts of conflicting info. That's why I asked.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    I agree with the comments about Stop the Thyroid Madness - -I find that site a bit hysterical -- but you can get very good information about thyroid disease at VeryWell. com -- Mary Shomon's site. It's a wealth of research-backed information and doesn't have STTM's stated bias towards desiccated thyroid over synthetic hormone treatments (and I say that as someone who far prefers desiccated thyroid).

Just to clarify - it is the Free T3 and Free T4 tests you need -- the Free is the key word here. TSH is not a very accurate test, as it's influenced by many outside factors.

Good luck.
  • angelaypolite
    angelaypolite Posts: 63 Member
    Yes, I got both of those tests done.