Quick question

So I started paying attention to what I ate in May and lost 3 pounds in 4 months. the past month or so I started eating around 1500 calories a day as opposed to around 1800 like I had this summer and I've lost two pounds or so but the only problem is I've been STARVING!! Which has led to some binge eating ... I've decided to increase my calories to stop this but was curious if that would cause me to gain the weight back???

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,076 Member
    If you were losing weight on 1800 calories when you weighed 2 to 5 lbs more than you do now, you will not regain weight on 1800 now.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Not unless the 1800 is over your maintenance. You may start losing slower.

It is good to re adjust your weight/calories in MFP after every 10-20 lbs lost so you keep your weekly goal loss consistent.

Cheers, h.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I had the same exact problem actually and I increased my daily calories by just 100 calories (like for you try going up to 1600) and started eating a lot more high fiber low calorie foods and it fixed the problem- try eating more non starchy veggies and leafy greens.

Also try to avoid high carb and high sugar foods. They cause blood sugar spikes which increase appetite and make you feel super hungry! You can eat carbs, just go for complex carbs in the right portions (sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa, berries), and skip stuff like candy, juice, soda, cookies, pasta, bread, etc.

How are your macros - meaning your protein, fat, and carb bslance? If you're eating the right amount of calories but your macros are off that could be a problem. Are you getting enough protein & fat?