Looking to lose 10lbs. and tone up, need advice and accountability.

Options
I've been on myfitnesspal for quite some time but I can't seem to hold myself accountable. I will exercise and eat right for about a day and then I'm off the wagon. Any advice on how to stay motivated, help in regard to diet and exercise to tone up..it would be greatly appreciated. And anyone else in the same boat that also needs some accountability! qigcpgzscfrr.jpeg
Posting a picture of me at my current weight to hopefully help hold myself accountable.

Replies

• dannybias46
    dannybias46 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tone up....watch your eating habits. Watch complex carbs. Eating less doesn't mean starve yourself...if your eating under 1200 calories a day your starving yourself.
    Focus, set a goal, achieve it
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Create you a calorie deficit (,5 lb per week). "Toning" up is going to require that you begin some structured strength training program along side adequate protein in your diet every day.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

If you have a hard time sticking to a deficit even for a day, try and set yourself a mini goal to weigh your calorie intake and log it in MFP for 7 days straight, then set another one, rinse and repeat.

The exercise is something that you need to enjoy doing or moreover know that your hard work you put into exercise is gonna help you reap the "results" you are looking for. Also exercise for your health which is the most important aspect to exercising. When we get done losing weight, it does not stop there.. its is a commitment for a long time to come.

Perhaps start with diet first and get used to that for a while. Then work on the exercise/strength training. Perhaps doing both at the same time is a bit overwhelming.

While I can't bottle up motivation and send it through the computer key board, I can say that motivation comes from within, and certainly others can inspire us, but in the end its up to us, the individual to put in the work.

Set a weight goal and exercise goal. You need both to achieve what you are wanting.