Increasing Calories Without Increasing Macros?

Options
13»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    lacandona wrote: »
    Hm. Wondering if it would be worthwhile to see a nutritionist. I'm not uncomfortable at my current calorie deficit but it's probably way too low long term.

I'm average height and about 183 now, would be comfortable staying in the low 170s for years to come because I have a sturdy build. But wouldn't complain if I could go lower and maintain. I'm so much more comfortable now and I imagine a few more pounds would make me feel better.

You could certainly go much lower than 170, in fact, you probably should and once you do you'll be surprised at how you got adapted psychologically to being heavier set. For a 30 year old woman at 5'6" the ideal weight range is about 120 to 155.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Hm. Wondering if it would be worthwhile to see a nutritionist. I'm not uncomfortable at my current calorie deficit but it's probably way too low long term.

I'm average height and about 183 now, would be comfortable staying in the low 170s for years to come because I have a sturdy build. But wouldn't complain if I could go lower and maintain. I'm so much more comfortable now and I imagine a few more pounds would make me feel better.

You could certainly go much lower than 170, in fact, you probably should and once you do you'll be surprised at how you got adapted psychologically to being heavier set. For a 30 year old woman at 5'6" the ideal weight range is about 120 to 155.

yep, absolutely this.
  • lacandona
    lacandona Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ask that no one else jumps on this bandwagon. Let me get to 170 and see how it goes. I am trying to maintain a healthy mentality towards weight loss so I would really appreciate it if you guys respect my goal to get to 170 and don't point out that I "should" go lower... thanks!

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ask that no one else jumps on this bandwagon. Let me get to 170 and see how it goes. I am trying to maintain a healthy mentality towards weight loss so I would really appreciate it if you guys respect my goal to get to 170 and don't point out that I "should" go lower... thanks!

I respect your goals and good luck.
  • lacandona
    Options
    Thank you! ;)

I respect your goals and good luck.

• Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I'm right there with you. For now, 170 seems amazing and a happy weight for me. Once I get there, I reserve the right to change my mind. But I haven't been 120 since I was 11, and much shorter. 150 probably left the building around age 13. If I settle at 170, it's a far cry better than the 250 I was at. Or my highest of 265. If I feel like going lower, yay. If not, oh well.
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just want to add to this thread how exciting it is when I read something and I know the right answer. I need to branch out to other forums where I'm the big fish in a small pond and am the local expert. I think that is what happened to your "coach".
  • lacandona
    Options
    I maintained in the 170s most of my 20s. Ran, biked, played capoeira, really enjoyed life and felt great. So that's my point of reference. I've lost a significant amount of weight one other time in my life and spent maybe a week being a very muscular (was weightlifting) 155. I was 16.

Granted, I was diagnosed with a metabolic disorder right before I got pregnant and am now taking proper vitamins for my condition, and I may have an easier time maintaining at a lower weight this time around. Yet to be seen.
    Gena575 wrote: »

I'm right there with you. For now, 170 seems amazing and a happy weight for me. Once I get there, I reserve the right to change my mind. But I haven't been 120 since I was 11, and much shorter. 150 probably left the building around age 13. If I settle at 170, it's a far cry better than the 250 I was at. Or my highest of 265. If I feel like going lower, yay. If not, oh well.