Hi!

Options
Well I'm going to try and get back on track again! I had been doing so well and had managed to lose nearly two stone 28lbs) using the app and through exercise and was very motivated. I have now gained it all back and more. First I put a stone on through Christmas and then early in the year had swine flu, quickly followed by Acute Bronchitis. It totally robbed me of my energy and I couldn't get to the gym and was just eating any old thing as I didn't have the energy to really think about food, I was also eating lots of sweets and chocolate as it was giving me a nice energy rush and kept me going - well the slippery slope. To top it all, when I found the motivation to get to the gym - I was just going to get myself back into my regime with a gentle swim - I fell badly on the way to the fitness centre and tore lots of ligaments in my foot - I couldn't walk at all for a couple of weeks, and it took about three months for me to be able to walk without pain. As you can imagine it was extremely frustrating and I got very depressed. Added to this, after my bout of bronchitis which was serious enough to encroach upon becoming pneumonia, I gave up smoking (very pleased about this) but of course this has added to the weight gain.

I keep looking at all my lovely clothes that no longer fit me and feel very angry with myself but I am struggling to get started. I keep thinking I shouldn't be waiting for a monday to restart a healthy regime, I keep slipping. Very frustrated. So I've come on here to try and find some encouragement and motivation.

So hello everyone. :)

Replies

• 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
    I have family that battle with depression and I know how tough it can be to get out of that slump.
    Keep logging and posting, plenty of people and resources here for support!
  • ficlak
    ficlak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I've just joined the emotional eating group, that could be useful. :)
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back.

there are alot of great people on here that have got me motivated.